Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I plan on doing this mod soon. Theres a lot of people running the jumper mod without any problems. Never heard anything bad about it and I've searched hard. Its been dyno proven to give you more HP above 13,000+ It seems to keep the power band climbing up vs. flatlineing closer to redline. So it just pulls harder through each gear.Works with stock or aftermarket exhaust. Nothing to do with the exhaust valve. Oh it only voids warranty if they find when or if you ever had a problem and you take it in. So just remove it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This does nothing to the exhaust valve. It simply removes the soft rev limiter leaving the hard rev limiter only. Gives you a usable extra 800-1000 free RPM up top. There's a couple of other bikes where this mod works.

The Euro ECU gives you more usable HP everywhere in the power band.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Living in Australia, we get euro spec and all I can say is I know how well my 'little 636 goes, so I hope you all get the same response after making this mod!:smile

·
Registered
381 Posts
What if you have already removed the power valve?

·
Registered
117 Posts
What kind of wire you got?

basically anything that conducts electricity and physically fits in the pins. On the website it looked like 18 or 20AWG solid.

I'm going to eventually try this mod on my '06 636 and see if it makes any difference. I only have 300 miles on it and still breaking it in so its not quite ready for redline yet. I'll post what I find out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
see my question is will it work with the 05 zx10 because i know they have similar systems? Dont take me too literal here, but i know they both have that dumb exhaust valve. So if anyone knows a ton about 10's, what do ya think?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts