Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys :)

First post.. so go easy on me! I just bought a 2005 ZX-6R and I absolutely love it. I didn't notice this when I took it for a test ride but after a few post ownership rides I've definitively noticed that the front brake pads seem to be loose. You can really hear them rattling at low speeds and when slowing down. Is this normal?

I took a picture & video of one side of the caliper. Could someone give me a quick sanity check and tell me if this is normal on the ZX's?

Thank you in advance!

Picture of Caliper

Video of Brake Pads Moving

EDIT:

So looking at this picture from a brake change guide it looks like I'm missing some clips. I guess I'll call the dealership tomorrow and investigate.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
if i were you, i would get new pads and pins,they look a little dry, copper grease the pins and behind the pads.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yeah, you are missing the anti rattle shims/springs. They do exactly what they say. Other than that grease all contact points, but do not grease the pads where they touch the rotor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah, you are missing the anti rattle shims/springs. They do exactly what they say. Other than that grease all contact points, but do not grease the pads where they touch the rotor.
Yep. I ordered them today from the local Kawasaki dealer. $12 a pop and I have to wait till Friday. I figure when I get them I'll pull everything out and clean it up.

I might throw some new pads and hardware on while I'm doing it. Do you guys recommend the Kawasaki OEM pads ($120) or something like the EBC?

EDIT: The OEM information for anyone else looking for this is..

TAG:92145
Part #: 92145-1568
Description: SPRING,PAD
Price: $9.64

·
Registered
5 Posts
When my a$$ is on the line I don't skimp on brakes or tires. Unless someone else on here has experience with the other pads i would go with factory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts