· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, fellows. My bike is sick..

Its working temperature is:
212F when my speed is 60-100m/h in the city
215F when my speed is 100-125m/h in the city
218F when my speed is 25-60m/h in the city
232F when I ride through a traffic, when my speed is very low, or when I ride on a track with offten braking and offten acceleration.

If I'll get stack in a traffic jam, temerature will value start to climb higher and higher and I'll get angrier and angrier..

I've dismounted radiator and found a lot of obstructions to air flow. Some corrugated fins are deformed and I can't fix it with a flat screwdriver. What do you think, should I change the radiator with these damages?

I'll take pictures of them. Quality is bad (phone camera), but I've marked fatal obstructions with yellow.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/sidea.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46/sidebi.png/

· Premium Member
3,168 Posts
well first, How was your coolant level and was the fan coming on?
If both of the above were ok, then yes........swap radiator

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Level is fine, the fan is OK too. It starts to spin on 212F, is it OK?
But one more strange thing. Sometime I see a leakage in place where radi tube connect to the pump. I don't know what is the reason for it.

· Premium Member
3,168 Posts
Ya, fan is ok. Nothing should be leaking though.
I would find the leak, fix it, then see if the problem continues.

· Registered
519 Posts
It gets hot in russia? Jk

What I used to do before i dropped money on the cooling system is I wired the fan into the ignition so when i turned the key the fan turned on also, Sure it takes a little long to warm up, but even on hotter days (80F+) the temp never got over 210F. There are many things you can do to help your baby stay cool.

Flush coolant system
Engine Ice
Exhaust wrap
Second Fan(Yes it is possible)
Wire fan to switch
Samco Hoses(Yes they do work, dropped my temp 5F)
Or just new stock hoses if you cant afford the above

As for your radiator, yeah the thing looks kinda hit, so it very well could be the main culprit.

For the leakage by the water pump, try to move the clamp up or down a bit and tighten it down real good. And if coolant is leaking out air also may have gotten in. So burp your coolant system!

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It gets hot in russia?
Right now not much ))
In summer it will be between 65F and 85F.

Flush coolant system
Twice time per season. Doesn't help. I tried all types of coolant: green, blue, red - doesn't change.

Engine Ice
What does it mean?

Second Fan(Yes it is possible)
Where can I put it? And how can I mount it?

Or just new stock hoses if you cant afford the above
My left hose, which connect to the water pump, was shorter than original. And it was pinch between fairing and the crankcase a little bit. I've already bought another hoses. Used but in very good condition.
How do you think, could it be a reason for a leakage?

I want to change the stock exhaust system to Yoshimura RS5 full exhaust. And I'm afraide, that it will be a heater for my bike :)
And there is why I want to fix the cooling system at all.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that radiator looks to have some mean obstructions in the fins... replace it.
no, it's just a low resolution of picture. the highlited fins are broken actually.

also what oil are you running? when i changed from amsoil to mobil 1 my temps went up 10 degrees.
now I use Agip Racing 5w40. before it I used Motul 300V 10w40 and Liqui Moly Racing Synth 10w50. and result was the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.