Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone on here owns or has previously owned a 2004 zx9r? They seem to be pretty rare and I thought it was a hoax when I found one on craigslist. I kinda wonder why Kawasaki made a zx9 and introduced the zx10 both in 2004-I would think that most people would want the fuel injected bike that has a larger engine. Has anyone ever looked into this topic?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone on here owns or has previously owned a 2004 zx9r? They seem to be pretty rare and I thought it was a hoax when I found one on craigslist. I kinda wonder why Kawasaki made a zx9 and introduced the zx10 both in 2004-I would think that most people would want the fuel injected bike that has a larger engine. Has anyone ever looked into this topic?
Your in Louisville, Ky? We are in Bardstown..

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts
The ZX9R was built from 1994-2003.The F2 model is a 2003 bike. It may be titled in '04 and be a dealer hold over.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Ninja_ZX-9R

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
The ZX9R was built from 1994-2003.The F2 model is a 2003 bike. It may be titled in '04 and be a dealer hold over.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Ninja_ZX-9R
That's how I understand it too. I've never come across a 2004 ZX-9R. Although I have seen mistaken identities on CL & elsewhere of claimed model years that are actually several years off. Check the frame. It will have the year manufactured. On my 2000 E1 its 1999. On my 2002 F1 its 2001.

Apparently in Europe the year the bike is registered represents its year, which just confuses the issue. So it is possible, for instance, to register a 1993 ZX-9R B1 today and call it a 2012 ZX-9R.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in Louisville and go to Bardstown at times....I ride a blue 9 at the moment. If you go to bikez.com, they have a 2004 ZX9 but it is sport/touring. I dont know what's up...It's kinda like the Yamaha R7!!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Maybe its a zx10r with 9r plastics?
haha.
yes 2003 was final year for the 9r because the 10r came back into production.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
I am in Louisville and go to Bardstown at times....I ride a blue 9 at the moment. If you go to bikez.com, they have a 2004 ZX9 but it is sport/touring. I dont know what's up...It's kinda like the Yamaha R7!!
Pictured on Bikez.com is the 2003 F2 aka F2P.

Bikez.com (2004 ZX-9R) Actually just a 2003 ZX-9R F2P

2003 Kawasaki ZX-9R F2

It's distinguished from the 2002 F1 by having black rims and a tail fairing the same color as its body paint.

Bikez.com is a classifieds Web site. I wouldn't hold them up as an authority about bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts