Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant help thinking that my seat isnt 100% right. whenever i ride my bike i end up hugging the tank because my seat seems to send me there, I try to move back but it feels like the seat is angles downwards.

I sit on other bikes and the seat feels completely flat and I feel it doesnt push me forwards, just curious if others with the same bike as me (zx6r B1H) have the same problem or if the seat should be flat?

The previous had lowering links on the bike which i have changed back to standard links so I wonder if they had the seat shaved so it was flat with the low links on but now its higher its not flat anymore?

what else could it be and how can I tell if the seat has been shaved?

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Post a couple pictures of the seat and bike for us to take a look at to see if anything is off.

Generally speaking though the seating position on the 2004 ZX6R is very aggressive towards racing position. I am willing to bet there is nothing wrong with yours, that is just how it is.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ok here is a photo, you can see it is angled down just about, it is quite possible it is as normal to be fair buddy, its only because i sit on other bikes and can sit back from the tank and not feel like i am going to slide back down.

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
ok here is a photo, you can see it is angled down just about, it is quite possible it is as normal to be fair buddy, its only because i sit on other bikes and can sit back from the tank and not feel like i am going to slide back down.

Well different bikes all have different seats and seating positions so you sitting on other bikes and preferring their seats doesn't mean there is anything actually wrong with your current bike.

here is an old one you can see the seat angle better

As for the pictures I wouldn't say there is any difference aside from the fact that the angles in which the pictures were taken are completely different which would make the second photo's bike appear to have a better seat angle.

Here is a pic of the bike from almost the same angle. It looks like its normal to me. :dunno

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
in fairness i think you are probably right, I just had to make sure before i go trying to fix it. thanks for your advice

·
Registered
602 Posts
Mine is angled towards the tank too. It is my understanding that since it is a race bike, you want to be hugging that tank.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
happy days, I like hugging the tank just some times its nice to sit back and stop my nuts getting smacked. :rofl

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Mine is angled towards the tank too. It is my understanding that since it is a race bike, you want to be hugging that tank.
Maybe for someone small and tucked in. Down the straight I have to slide back to get low enough behind the wind screen since I'm 6'1". Also in turns you definitely don't want to be against the tank. You want your ass as far back as it will go up against where it starts to raise up to the back seat.

As for the seat leaning forward a little bit, so does my 05.

·
Registered
77 Posts
that is very goog , you have already resolved this probelm . It did a noicy problem

happy days, I like hugging the tank just some times its nice to sit back and stop my nuts getting smacked. :rofl
that is very goog , you have already resolved this probelm . It did a noicy problem :rofl:rofl:rofl

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hah I've contemplating buying a replacement see just for that reason. I don't always smack my nuts on the tank, but sliding forward causes my boxers/pants to ride up which I believe is just as bad and drives me crazy!

With regards to the angle of seat. I believe it is intended to position the rider closer to the bikes center of gravity. this provides a better weight distribution and results in better balance and handling.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think i will just put up with it, its not a major concern, although that seat he is selling does look nice but he said its lower and thats the last thing i want as I'm about 6'2.

cheers guys!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts