Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen the J models swap forks from the 03+ zx6r's since they have the same front wheel bearings. My 95 seems super limited in terms of compatibility compared to the J models. I was originally going to do a 636 bore but i figured i dont need any more power yet so I want to upgrade the handling, braking, reduce weight and make it look better at the same time. Looking through the parts fiche on kawasaki.com i noticed that the new zr1000 and the 04-05 zx10r have the same front wheel bearing but not the same axle.This kind of got me excited to believe that i could actually swap in some 04-05 zx10r forks. Ive already looked at other peoples fork conversions, they either punched out the stem and fit their original one in or made a washer to make up for the longer stem, i guess i could do either or. So my question is since the front wheel bearings are the same can i just use a 04-05 zx10r axle with my front wheel if i go through with this?

·
Registered
138 Posts
If the pressing stems from one triple to the other set does work...
and we are looking at the same diameter for the axles.
and you have the 04-05 forks with axle set-up.
i would say YES
barring you needing to make some spacers, most likley..

If you need some 04-05 wheel spacers or axle, i can mail you a set if you can wait till 15 NOV.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
first i need the money for the forks, hopefully i can get some parts sold and buy a set off of ebay. I can wait till november since i would be with my bike by then check all of the spacing since it has the speedodrive and other spacers, im betting i would need larger spacers but ill just make sure. ive seen other guys just make a washer to make up for the top triple tree if the stem was too long. obviously if the stem is too short i have to swap stems. would fitting a washer be the right way to go or should i just get the stems swapped?

thanks for your feedback i figured i was going in blind with this project

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i might go through with this, i found some zx10r forks for $80 but one tube has a dent and the fender mount is broken off, i dont care about the fender mount and the dent doesnt look horrible but if i do buy it i will replace the tube. too bad i have no money

1 - 4 of 4 Posts