Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had an issue with the original stator rectifier it was stock. The wires and melted the connection melted I replaced the wires the stator the rectifier and the battery due to the battery overcharging and then not holding a charge. After I replaced the stator and rectifier and the wiring harness accompanied to both it melted again and it's overcharging again. Is there a wire that I could have put in the wrong spot? Do they have to be connected in a specific order? Or is there something else I should be looking at?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Possibly, the Brown wire is a system monitoring wire after the ignition switch. On the OE regulator/rectifier this wire tells the regulator to output more power if the system voltage drops.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly, the Brown wire is a system monitoring wire after the ignition switch. On the OE regulator/rectifier this wire tells the regulator to output more power if the system voltage drops.
So how do I go about saying if this wire is reading the proper voltage?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Normally the only way this wire will drop voltage is if the ignition switch internal contact is dirty, or the plug wires are dirty, or battery and starter solenoids.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I'll have to wire it again. Make sure I removed all the bad wire. The thing is over charging. So you're saying that the voltage is reading low so it's putting more out. I don't think it's spark it runs strong. So the ignition switch might be an issue?

·
Registered
343 Posts
There is a possibility that the headlight ON diode in the fuse box has gone short, and this will then feed AC into the DC system, this may be the cause.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Are the stator and rectifier still avialable as stand-alone parts for your bike? I have the same problem with my 7. What was your volt reading at the battery when engine was at normal op temp? Mine was 15.2v.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes they are sold separately. The small light from the headlight was smashed. I'm not sure how high the voltage is, I didn't test it at rev. Seems like a lot of possibilities. Where is the diode? Is it in the relay?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts