Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rolleyes

Ive been thinking about buying a new bike... but in the mean time I have 2 bikes in boxes I should build...

Dont mind the dust as its all been sitting for about 8 months.

I currently dont have a bike to ride as I sold my mint bike in trade of cash and a 2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R

Here is a break down:

Purchased/Free Parts:
Frame - Free (from a friend who parted it and had it from 8+ years ago)
Wire Harness c/w coils, starter & fuel relay- $25
CDI - $20
Tank - $20 (has a dent but clean inside)
Green Bagster Baglux - $85
Forks - $125
Tripple Complete - $50
Fairings - $100
Rims - $150
Axles F/R - $30
Engine Bolts - $25
Muzzy Headers - $80
Subframe - $1 (thanks eBay)

Parts Left over from a Build:
Rear Sets
Carbs
Guages
Seats w/ Luimoto covers
Pazzo Levers
Mod'd Headlight w/ HIDs
ZG DB Screen
Brakes (All Around)
Intakes
LP CF intake covers
OPP Litech Mirrors
Muzzy Mid and Canister
Goodridge SS Race Lines F/R
HEL Clutch Line
Rear Shock & Linkage
Tires

Parts left from Part Out:

I bought a Crashed Race bike 2 years ago... parted most of it out and made money, some parts were left over for this build

Engine (16,000km) - hasnt run in 2 years, fingers crossed
Swing Arm
Airbox
Spare Fairings
Misc. Brackets and Bolts

After Parting the bike out I was up +$100

So my total for the build minus fluids and filters (which are maintenance and not build costs)

= $711 - $100
= $611 + Shipping costs on Parts (est. $300)
= $911 CDN

Not too shabby...

Now in reality the left ovr parts from the other build did cost money to replace these parts with performance/ Kit / Race parts... but this was going to happen any way... that Is why I have Zero cost in there.

I could sell the left over parts but I would never get the money for them locally... Easier to build the bike and sell it as a whole.

The plan for this bike is to ride it until the end of the season as my Replica Bike is taking longer than planned, collecting the parts has been a challenge.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some pictures...

Started around noon(12) on satuday

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, forgot to take more progress pictures, I got on a role with it!!!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stripped and cleaned the Wire Harness, new tape... Thermostat Wires seem to be missing on this harness... will solder in some new wire today

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Nice!

I'm really on the fence to sell one of my ZX-7Rs make room for a ZX-10R. ......Really on the fence.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice!

I'm really on the fence to sell one of my ZX-7Rs make room for a ZX-10R. ......Really on the fence.
This bike here that I am building is sold at the end of the season to a friend down the road.

My Replica Build will be done hopefully this season.

I have been drooling over a 2005 ducati 998 Senna at a local shop (been there for 4 years now with no interest the owner says)... not really the market around here for a Duc...

I want an italian I am thinking... Not looking for a all out perfromance bike to thrash... but the GF is buying a bike next spring so I can have a bike thats a little more savage than the 7R

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This bike wont be super pretty like the last one... the frame has some scratches and so does the swing arm...

the plastics are in good condition though

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
This bike here that I am building is sold at the end of the season to a friend down the road.

My Replica Build will be done hopefully this season.

I have been drooling over a 2005 ducati 998 Senna at a local shop (been there for 4 years now with no interest the owner says)... not really the market around here for a Duc...

I want an italian I am thinking... Not looking for a all out perfromance bike to thrash... but the GF is buying a bike next spring so I can have a bike thats a little more savage than the 7R
Let me know if you go ahead and get the Duc. I'll put you in touch with my old Mechanic in Indianapolis. You'll need the contact. You'll find that good help is hard to find especially when it comes to Ducatis and my contact is good when it comes to bargain basement prices on parts. He's very well known and is reputable.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Installed the wire harness and controls.... Next step is get some bolts that I am missing.

Still need to wire in the HIDs... Mounted, just need wiring

Ordered a new battery $53 and air filter $23... Oil filter, oil, coolant will all be there with the order.

Jet kit is all there... Just need to clean the hell out of the carbs and reassemble.

I am 90% ready to install the engine... I want to run fuel lines before it gets tight... The fuel filter has always been a bitch if ya ask me.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I still haven't bought new fuel lines and a fuel filter yet lol and it looks really tight in there but I'm sure I can manage.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Damn green talk about on a roll.You went to town on startin this build!
I guess when you got alot of the parts there on tap ready to go..
Looking good+1

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Not gunna give the subframe some black paint?

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Shit while it's still apart you should paint the frame and swinger since it is low budget..

I like the stock cosmic pearl grey... I will prob order another rattle can and clear... All depends on how well it all comes together.

Engine hasn't run in 2 years... Ive never heard it run other than on a video.
Fingers crossed for this weekend!!

1 - 20 of 99 Posts