Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted a little input from those who ride an 03 636.
i have a buddy who wants to get rid of his bike, its a 03 636 with 3500 miles. He wants $5800. The bike has a full Micron exhaust and a fender eliminator kit. i was thinking about picking it up.
Since 03 was the 1st year of fuel injection im a little hesitant. Ive never been a fan of the "first version" of new things.
So what do you guys think? Good bike for that price? ($5800)

Your input will be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Banned
528 Posts
5,800 seems alittle high to me, u can get a 05 or 06 for that price easily with the same mods, i do have to say the miles on the 03 is low but the yr model is what sticks out to me, i have a 04 and i paid 3,400 for mine and it came with a pc111usb, k&n filter, yoshi high mount exhaust, afam sprockets, did gold series 520 chain, lowering links, and the bike only had 10,800 miles on it, oh and i had to replace the rear tire but already had 1 before the purchase, something to think about

·
Banned
528 Posts
5,800 seems alittle high to me, u can get a 05 or 06 for that price easily with the same mods, i do have to say the miles on the 03 is low but the yr model is what sticks out to me, i have a 04 and i paid 3,400 for mine and it came with a pc111usb, k&n filter, yoshi high mount exhaust, afam sprockets, did gold series 520 chain, lowering links, and the bike only had 10,800 miles on it, oh and i had to replace the rear tire but already had 1 before the purchase, something to think about
oh yeah bike has a clean title also

·
Registered
234 Posts
I agree, that's a pretty steep price for a 4 year old ride.

KBB *retail* price (i.e. what a dealer could sell it for) is $5510. Trade-in is $3800. So using what I know of pricing, he should be theoretically asking about $4700.

Offer him $5k if you really want it, and I think that'd be fair. This would be as a track bike I'm guessing since you say you have an 07 6R also?

Remember also that mods don't necessarily add value and you should NEVER expect to get back what you paid on mods. Sometimes mods actually will lower the value.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i own a black one and i love it to death!!!! high rise leo vince, powercomander, kandn, mirrors, pegs, integrated tail light, 4,300 miles, levers, steering damper and more.... i love this thing!!!!! i paid 5 for mine.... but yes i would pick that up if he would come down on the price some!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
picked mine up for 4400
03 with 1678 miles
fender eliminater
intergrated tail light/ signals

it had a couple of scratches n a dent on the tank from "wheelieing"
dude sold it 2 some random bike dealership n i bought it n picked it up from there
n they threw in a helmet

n the dealership put it up for around 4900 i think

1 - 6 of 6 Posts