Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys got a question...
I currently have a 2002 ZX6r that I am using as a track only bike...it has 1k miles on it as it is pretty much brand new. This past weekend at a track day I had a problem, every time I would reach the end of a long straight the bike would act like it was running out of gas. I took it apart between sessions and installed a new primary fuel filter and removed the secondary totally...but it still did it, although this seemed to improve it somewhat. Anyway...just wondering if anyone had this happened before or knew someone with a similar problem...next track day is in two weeks and I don’t want to go without having a handle on this...thanks!

·
Registered
379 Posts
If the bike spluttered along and jerked then take a look at the TPS sensor. The throttle position sensor controls the fuel and air mixture and if it goes it causes the thing to jolt around . Hope it helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It didnt sputter it just acted like you flipped the kill switch...but it didnt seem electrical. After it would quit and sit for a sec it would start right back up and run like hell...seems like the carbs are running out of fuel. I cant imagine it would be the fule pump after only 1k miles on the bike, but I am sure its possible...

·
Registered
379 Posts
The only other thing that you can check is to see if there is perhaps something that is in the fuel filter that is perhaps rolling around and closing off the feed. And also check and see ifthe fuel lines are old as they can actually shrink and bend when they get hot and stop the fuel to. Sorry mustang8780, hope this works or helps

·
Registered
990 Posts
Check that fuel pipes etc have no kinks in them that would restrict fuel flow, also that vents are unobstructed, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts