Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am brand new here. I am looking at purchasing a 2001 zx6r. It has been laid down on the left side and I would like to repair to factory look. Is there anything you can tell me about this bike that would be helpful? This site is a great source of information! I just don't see much about the 2001 zx6r. everyone seems to have newer bikes on here. Also, are parts easily obtainable for this bike? So if anyone has parts available for this bike I would be interested. The bike I am looking at purchasing is the Yellow model.
thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm from PA myself :) Pittsburgh.

That's a popular model and anything past 2000 year to my knowledge has an abundance of accessories, factory fairings, etc. for sale. Ebay is obviously a hot choice for that, and I believe if you have any contacts dealing with body work the fairing could easily be put back to factory status with a few hours work.

I have a # of sites for OEM decals, fairings, parts etc. If needbe let me know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Twaibel. I lived in the burgh for a couple years. In Mt. Washington to be exact. If you could send me some links for decals and parts that would be great. I have been looking on ebay and Bikebandit.com and found quite a bit. I have not been able to find decals though. I can make vinyl graphics if I could just get the artwork, but i am sure that is hard to come by and very safe guarded. I know that i need a left clip-on and can probably get away with repairing the fairings. thanks

·
Registered
649 Posts
I own an '01 zx6r and love it, no decals, straight blue. I saw some OEM fairings on ebay recently for decent prices. There is also a pretty good assortment of aftermarket parts available for this year. :mfclap

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey TMP. can you post or send me a pic of your bike. I would like to see what it looks like with a straight color. I am also considering straight black. black frame, black body. I would like to see some pics of this bike with a straight color on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very, very nice TMP! Now I am thinking of going like a graphite or flat black? This makes it harder. Originally I was just going to make it stock for resale value but now I think I have changed my mind.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I think black would look sick, especially with a black frame. As long as it is never layed down or scratched up, resale should still be pretty good, just don't sell it in the winter. I picked mine up in December for $3500 with only 4k miles on it and practically brand new tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts