Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I would gladly post pictures on saturday. Like I said it's not my bike it's a friends that I'm helping. However, you indirectly helped me when you mentioned the term bucking. I've researched that and have all the information I need now. I've been using jerking as a keyword with little success.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Someone mentioned above the float mod could be the problem. Although, after researching it and seeing the carbs that was not done. Also you seem to be breaking some laws of physics(although it has been awhile since I've taken physics while pursuing my B.S in engineering ). Check out the automotive math handbook if you don't believe me. Anyways I did google the problem and have found very few leads. This same question has been asked before on other motorcycle forums, but I haven't found a solution. I would not have made this topic if I had found the solution. But since no one here seems to have experienced this issue before I'll let the topic die and you can bother someone else with your ignorance.
AGAIN check the vacuum lines that go from the ram air box to the carbs. If you don't have them hooked up correctly the bike tops out at 60 MPH or so. I posted that on one of the first responses and apparently you disregarded it. Those vacuum lines equalize the pressure in the carb bowls and the airbox so you get the proper fuel/air mixture in the engine. Since you took it all apart AFTER the PO had the bike running fine and now the bike doesn't go above 60, guess where the issue is? Yep it's something you changed.

·
Registered
428 Posts
There is a Y-pipe behind the headlights and it should be connected to a hose that goes to your airbox, make sure that is connected properly, I forget what it's called but I would always forget when I used to work on my '00 zx6r

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hey guys as an update. Just put the bike together. Took everything apart for a few hours. Had the carbs completely apart and all the jets and needles were clean, but cleaned the carbs anyways since they were already apart.

There was a hose coming off the carbs not connected to anything. Looking at the diagram on the internet it looks like the hose connects directly to the air vent filter which was missing. I don't think this would be the cause of the problem? Otherwise all other hose connections were clean.

I also checked most of the electrical connections and the battery voltage while the motorcycle was off is about 12.7 volts and over 13 when running.

After I had the bike together I rode it and it was still bucking pretty bad through all the gears. The bike revs beautifully and sounds perfect in neutral. However, while I was going about 30mph and it was bucking I pulled the clutch in and tried revving it again and it wouldn't rev for shit. Once I stopped again and put the bike in neutral it revved perfect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ZX 9 Same issue

I have come to learn one thing about forums. The people asking for help and advice seldom want it. Especially from people that have been wrenching on their bikes for ever. I have the same issue as captain popular is having but my dumb ass just filled up with reg 87 gas. (Usually Filling my ZRX1200) and I think after I just did my fork seals forgot to connect that "useless" vacuum tube behind the ram air. I am not going to take any of this free advice from people that would know. I am not going to change out the fuel and reconnect the Ram Air.

AND I AM DEFINITELY NOT GOING TO BE THANKFUL OR APPRECIATIVE TO ANYONE FOR SAVING ME MONEY AT A MECHANIC....
See Y'all on the road. And one of you on the side...
Alex

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey ninja01, just wanted to checkin with you to see if you got to fix the problem with your friends bike? I have a 2000 zx7r I just had to but a use motor to my bike and now is doing the exact same thing that you was going through with your friends bike

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having the same problem but I don't have no clue on how the vacuum hose are set up if anybody can help me what does problem that will be great that will be great I would like to post some pictures off the bike how it looks now that way you guys could see weather holds I'm missing coming out of the carburetor

21 - 31 of 31 Posts