Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
e
I have a very custom 2001 ZX-11D. I bought this bike 6 or 7 year ago and really never rode it. You can see by the miles (7,700), I never rode it. I rode the heck out of my ZX-9 though.

Anyway, so 2 years ago I was getting into airbrushing and thought it would make a great project to work on over the winter. What you see took a few hours a day for over 5 month. I figured any monkey could airbrush and gloss over it, so I thought I would try a satin finish over the airbrush, it took quite a lot of experimenting to discover what paints works with others, and more importantly what paints worked with a satin top coat. I ended up using 3 coats of clear (gloss) and sanded each coat, they 2 coats of a satin finish to achieve the final look and have the airbrush protected with a top coat. It's not perfect and up close I am sure you could be nit-pickey about the flaws, but from 3 feet away it truly has to been seen in person, it really is a stunning bike.

Now as far as modifications, there are a few:

Corbin Gunfighter and Lady seat
rear luggage rack
Gen-Mar handle bar risers
tinted shield
Full Muzzy SS System, left side
Muzzy radiator fan
Nolgy plug wires
Smog black off plate
Front calipers are from a current 3-Pot GSXR 1000
Stainless brake and clutch lines

The bike is located in Modesto, CA (95351) and you are more then welcome to come look at anytime. I would like to see $4500 OBO out of it. I think just the paint is worth that. You will NEVER see another that looks like this bike..........thanks for looking

Not sure how to post pics..............(help)

·
Premium Member
13,119 Posts
Good luck getting 6K for a ZX-11. There are a lot of nice ones f/s out there for less than 4 grand. As far as the custom paint goes, taste is a matter of taste, and no matter how well done it is, it still takes at least one person out there willing to pay a premium for it. Not trying to piss on yer Post Toasties, just being realistic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No offense taken, I appreciate your input guys. I'll adjust the price accordingly..........I'm trying to buy a new powered para-glider and need some cash............and I'll load some pics up in photobucket right now...........again thanks for your iput.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts