Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm adapting '01 ZX9r front forks to a '77 kz1000 chassis. I'm going to go with a spoke front wheel so I have to make some things up in order to fit it.

Wondering if somebody with a 2000-2002 zx9r could measure their front rotor spacing and thickness for me?

I need outside to outside of front rotors. This is, of course, thru the wheel. Its best to take this at several locations around the rotor and then I can average. I think it should be 138mm but I'm not sure.

Also I need the rotor thickness. This should be straightforward and should be a nominal mm measurement. I think they are 5mm

·
Registered
‘83 Gpz750 Resto-mod, ‘78 Kz1000 Resto-mod, ‘18 Z900RS
102 Posts
If no one else can, I have a Zx11C model wheel in a set of Zx7 H-model forks. I know the rotors have the same offset, I can only assume the hub width would be the same.

Later, Doug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If no one else can, I have a Zx11C model wheel in a set of Zx7 H-model forks. I know the rotors have the same offset, I can only assume the hub width would be the same.

Later, Doug
I did read that nearly all the Kaws were consistent on this dimension, but that post did not have any real evidence to support that claim. But it is definitely worth a shot at measuring yours if you could

·
Registered
‘83 Gpz750 Resto-mod, ‘78 Kz1000 Resto-mod, ‘18 Z900RS
102 Posts
Ok. It was as hot as the sun in my garage so I was only able to get a few measurements.

Measurement #1 is 5.60” (142.24mm) outside to outside of the rotors. This is Zx11C wheel with 310mm Braking rotors with stock offset.

Measurement #2 is 4.492” (114.09mm). This is the hub with of a Zrx wheel which should be the same as a Zx7/9 wheel.

Here’s a link to the brake specs I found for a ‘01 Zx9R.

Later, Doug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doug, That aligns with what I've heard. With 142.5 outside dimension and a 5mm thickness, then that says center to center is 138. Seems like a Kawasaki standard. A member over on the zx9 forums measured his and came up with the same thing. Thank you for suffering through the heat! This helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts