Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just purchased a 2001 500r that was wrecked and has a salvage title. I got it for a steal so I plan on rebuilding it and using it for a alternative to my zx11. When I first got it it didn't have a battery and the flywheel cover was broken and oil was gone. Here's some pics.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've begun the teardown process. I will be stripping it down to the frame for cleaning and fixing of a bend in the subframe.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure how to upload pics on here. But for an update, Ive taken the bike apart fully down to bare frame. I dropped the frame off at my welders place to have the subframe fixed. While thats going on, I have been cleaning and painting every part that will be going back on the bike. Today I bought a new upper fairing off ebay, a new clutch lever and a zx6 rear brake caliper. This bike will have one of the newer model zx6 swing arms on it and a full zx6 rear brake system with a zx6 rear wheel. I had to modify the zx6 swing arm to make it work but I was able to accomplish that and make it work right and look normal. When I figure out how to post pictures I will.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts