Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have what it seems like a noisey valve train is it common? it stills performs like no other but its seems noisey????????????

·
Registered
498 Posts
Previously i owned a ZX-9R E1 UK spec bike. Yeah the valve train is a bit noisy. Had the valve clearance checked by the dealer and it was all within spec tolerances. It's just the nature of the bike that's all i guess.

As long as it doesn't eats up engine oil or fuel consumption increases, you'll be just fine... Just my 2 cents bro...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

thanks scavenger for the reply do u know of any easy mods with little tuning i have a full hindle and 520 chain and want to get low 10s does jetting do a lot? and what about getting a 240 or 300 under it who make a swing arm for it?

·
Registered
498 Posts
thanks scavenger for the reply do u know of any easy mods with little tuning i have a full hindle and 520 chain and want to get low 10s does jetting do a lot? and what about getting a 240 or 300 under it who make a swing arm for it?
Sorry for the late reply..

once you've got a full system, you'll have to rejett it back. It's because the engine now breathes better and straighter exhaust flow. If you want low 10s, my suggestions are :-

1. lower/strap the bike
2. 190/200 rubber
2. K&N air filter
3. extend swingarm 6"
4. polish/porting
5. reinforced/titanium valves, pistons, Turbos, NOS etc...

The first 3 are easy mods, but if you want further lower numbers, then you'll have to lighthen your pockets more for number 3 to 6.

Just my 2 cents...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.