Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The below picture is of parts up for grabs. All are in rough shape. You pay shipping and it's yours. I will be trashing what's left on April 3rd.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I need to replace the entire exhaust from front to back. Any recommendations or leads will be appreciated! She will be getting a good cleaning and wash today.

Media blast the headers and VHT flat black. Can looks like it could clean up with some TLC.
Not ideal, but cheap and will work until you find a replacement.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Media blast the headers and VHT flat black. Can looks like it could clean up with some TLC.
Not ideal, but cheap and will work until you find a replacement.
Unfortunately the header pipes are busted through in several areas. Looks like some bad welding jobs

·
Registered
75 Posts
You are right, did not see that. From damn near worthless to total junk. :cautious:

Had to have been stored on a beach somewhere, or put away covered in salt.

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts

It’s overseas but it is for the right application and looks to be in decent shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So my wiring harness came in this week. It's in amazing shape. I installed it today, however for some reason I'm not getting any power. I'm about to start troubleshooting. Any ideas on why I wouldn't have any power?

I purchased a V&H 2 into 1 exhaust off ebay. It came in as well and I'm in the process of cleaning it up.

Next purchases are my fairings and tires.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Unfortunately the exhaust I bought appears to be for a different bike. The headers don't fit...Guess I'll look for another option. Trying to avoid buying that one for $500

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
So my wiring harness came in this week. It's in amazing shape. I installed it today, however for some reason I'm not getting any power. I'm about to start troubleshooting. Any ideas on why I wouldn't have any power?
Compare the wiring diagram for whatever country the harness came from with the US model wire harness diagram. Something is different.

·
Registered
75 Posts

I purchased a V&H 2 into 1 exhaust off ebay. It came in as well and I'm in the process of cleaning it up.

Next purchases are my fairings and tires.
Did you lay them out for comparison before installing? Everything plugged up with no extra or missing connections? No corrosion on your bike connections? Battery charged up? Clean ground connections? Does the key turn on the dash lights?

Thread with wiring diagrams images.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts