Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I've got a 2000 zx6r that I've had for a year it ran fine last fall but I parked it for the winter and no icant get a spark thought it wouldn't start because the spark plugs were bad so I pulled the plugs and changed them and still no start so I checked the spark plugs and I'm not getting any spark and I'm not quite sure what to check first read a couple threads that suggested checking all connectors and one said to check the volts coming to the coils but haven't got to do that yet. Was wondering if maybe the coil sensor could be dirty and not getting the signal and I'm not 100% sure but it might have a motor from a 99 because it doesn't have the coil packs over the spark plugs but I don't know enough about the bike a to say weather or not some of the 2000 have the same setup. Also I had to store it outside for the winter so I had it under a tarp not sure if that will change anything or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've tried getting a spark at the end of the wire tried just grounding out the coil pack and checking connectors for corrosion but not sure what switches and connectors to test thy would inhibit the coils from sparking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts