Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
check out the hotbodies website for their undertail kit..thats what i got check out my custom winter overhaul thread pics on there

·
Registered
129 Posts
Its easy, take all that off. Just mount the plate with a couple small L brackets and get the integrated tail light for your turn signals...

·
#1 BMW Traitor
6,376 Posts
I went with a Pit-Eck undertail, super cheap and i love the look of it. Need to axle mount your plate with this one. Heres's the down side:

1) Fiberglass part vs ABS plastic
2) be prepared to wack about 65% of your undertray for fitment
3) Integrated running lights not that bright in daylight, break and turn signals sufficient.

Heres a pick of the undertail and couple others of my almost finished bike

http://s1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg574/22bobbyj22/

·
#1 BMW Traitor
6,376 Posts
Lets see it now

·
Registered
21 Posts
What color and how much for the undertail?

EDIT:
Ignore my outdated sig,
I've sold the RR and now own a 03 9R...

·
#1 BMW Traitor
6,376 Posts
wow , I like it . Maybe it will be my next ones . Do you know the color code of the fairing ?
Not sure if your color code question was for me, if so, not sure what the code is but perfectly matches stock tail fairing

·
Registered
188 Posts
Snow , none of those parts will fit our bikes. Good luck finding an undertail for an 03 right now that doesn't look like chit. If you find something in the next couple of days please let me know outher wise Friday I'm going to make one from scratch. I'll take pics and if you like it I can always make more. Just not a lot of parts for the 02/03 zx9s. I've made custom fairings and under tails before , just have to set everything up again to do it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Most of the undertails I've looked at require u to hack your storage compartment.
Not cool, one of the things I dig about the 9 vs my 6, can actually put stiff under the seat.
I've heard of a UK manufacturers version that did not require cutting, think it was Pyramid, but can't find any....
Pix of your solution would be welcome, thanks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
After I said that I got to looking on line more and found 4 company's that make a descent looking under tail but the cheapest was $150 and the one I liked best ( of corse the most expensive ) is $200. Im getting quotes for materials now then going to compare and see how much of a difference I'm looking at. I'll let you know what I deside

1 - 14 of 14 Posts