Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys, you guys that are all envied by all the ZX-14, R1 Riders, GSX-R 1000's, even some of the Blackbird Riders- CBR1000XX, love that bike even though Kawasaki Man- except forthe first couple years of em- think '97 was first year) the Drucappi, and what's the one bike that's, well, essentially one of the ugliest bikes EVER produced- Hell, damn thing so ugly Stevie Wonder could EASILY see how extremely UGLY- from '99 Forward........Hang on...... I think I got it, UglyAsHellBusa??? Ya, I think that's it. I apologize for the extra exclamation marks, but I'm in Florida, and No- unfortunately NO AUTOBAHN here, but in Florida, Rain or Shine- we GOTTA try to make our own (well- figuring out hours of those trying to catch you, but anyways, I'd just jumped into 4th gear at about 150, and not sure if this makes sense or not- but my phone almost blew outta my hand- can you believe that?! AND I was on the damn sidewalk!!!! CRAZY WORLD! But really, I don't care what ANYONE says- I believe us 12-R Riders have such a HUGE GROUP that envy us.......is it ok to say jealous?

Ahh, who cares!

On a Serious note tho, I have a 2000 ZX-12R, and I want my wheels completely black Gloss/ Dull/Matte, or even dipped.

When getting a new a new Rear Tire, the dude bent my Rim........and I have no way to prove it either...........

But my back is in a custom shop, and it will be black on black on black on black (anyone know know of a James Bond Kit to where if a cop got behind me I could push a button, and a hatch opens, a sprays STRAIGHT black spray paint so he gets off me, and pulls over cause his windshield is spray painted completely back? Anyone know where to get one? I'm gonna guess no.............

But for real, can ANYONE tell me of other rims (same size), that will be an EXACT MATCH, that would surely look GREAT on an all Black 2000 A-1?

P.S.- Ya know what's weird, my Kawasaki Lime Green , whch I miss so much and it's beautiful matching Lime Green wheels............I HONESTLY don't think I've EVER Rode a bike that'll hit 153mph in LITERALLY seconds...... Seconds an , ya, this is an Unrestricted Bike, the A1 (which we all know), but this what I do much regret getting rid of (One of My Boys said it looked exactly like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Green Bike, and apparently it was always crashing, abd getting the bad guys really hurt , so at 6 years old, My Brendon asks me, "Daddy, will you please get rid of that thing for me, please Daddy. I asked him why and he said he didn't want me to get hurt or killed........ and to Top it Off, his brother Michael chimed in (8 years old- 1 y5 days apart), days, "Daddy, you ALWAYS said that if someone was bothering us, if we don't feel good, if you somehow have gotten us upset, if ANYTHING was bothering us.........and it's that Teenage Mutant Ninja Motorcycle out front, and you're the'Best Daddy in the World' and we know that motorcycle. It's BAD BAD!!!! We Love You Daddy and don't want you to die........so I agreed.......and really, "That would make me feel so HAPPY Brendon says, then Michael says, means so much to us Daddy that You don't have to get us Brand New Games then get it 4 PlayStations (2 for Daddy's- so they can play what they want), and then 2 for their Mom's which POS ALWAYS goes to FREE Charities to get their presents. ALWAYS, and I say, ,"What, what makes you think I'd do something like that? Do you know how much that would cost?" Aww, who cares Daddy. We know you're getting it for us.what makes you think I'd do such a thing- cause you always do. I'm a P**sy. I agreed I'd sell to first one who showed up with the money.....but unfortunately, this guy had $3K, and he wanted to trade his KX 450 along with the money. It was a no other Teenage Mutant Ninja Motorcycle to them. F"*K!!! So, 3K I took and told him Merry Christmas! Damn I miss that bike- I'd trade it for my 2000 in a second!

I tell ya though, the 2003, you had to hang on as hard as could cause the THRUST, when hittin' it, LITERALLY wants to PULL YOU OFF OF IT...... NEVER EXPERIENCED ANYTHING LIKE (NEVER BEEN TO ACTUAL RACES)..............BUT DAMN, IF ANYONE IS STILL WITH ME WOULD YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW OF VARIOUS DIFFERENT TYPES OF RIMS THAT'LL LOOK DIFFERENT - LOOK AWESOME, AND ENABLE ME TO STEP AWAY FROM THE EVERYDAY RIMS I HAVE?

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH IF YOU'VE READ TO THE END, AND WITH THATSAID- GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY!!

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,418 Posts
TLDR: I took my bike to someone who bent my wheel when they were changing the tires. Can't prove they did it and they won't confess to their mistake that damaged my wheel. Need help finding a replacement. I would like to know if there is aftermarket support for the zx12r as I don't particularly care for the stock wheels. thx guys!

·
7,120 Posts
Agreed, I didn't read it all either. Damn.

A 12 wheel is all you can do without customization. They are also crazy heavy.

Option 1:
Change both wheels and get spacers for the front rotors to move them out. I have a set of you want some. You will have to figure out how to get the rear caliper to line up with the rotor and you will need a wider spacer on the right side. Depending on what you pick you will have to figure out differences of axle diameters.

Option 2, which is what I did:
Change the whole front end (fork, triples, etc.) to a ZX10R and work the same for the rear. 11-15 ZX10R wheels are easiet for this and are good looking wheels.

·
Registered
2000 Kawasaki ZX-12R & 2019 SV650X
26 Posts
As 57x said, you can do ZX10 wheels. Can also do ZX14 wheels. Both require a little work to make fit. If you gave the monwy, there is BST, Marvic and maybe 1 or 2 others. Work the Google.

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
I have an entire ZX-14 front fork, wheel and brakes, clip-ons, matching rear wheel and brake, sprocket. Not sure how similar the steering necks are.

·
Registered
2000 Kawasaki ZX-12R & 2019 SV650X
26 Posts

Dude had to get a bushing made at a machine shop to get it to fit up right. Unfortunately the photos are broken. May be able to find out more searching around.

·
Registered
ZX12R Limited Edition 319/400
1 Posts
You could also look at OZ Piega or PVM, they are fitting stock w/o any changes to the fork.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts