Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Don't know if you intended to take this pic showing the mileage up ahead but that is one awesome pic. I like the sign above the bike showing the 140 miles ahead of twisties.:dblthumb2: Just hope the roads weren't mostly gravel ?:blue headscrtch:
Go to Google maps, find Redbluff California and just search west a mile or so and see hwy36. That sign does not lie. Its perfectly paved, twisty, narrows to a 1.5 wide road near the top and spits you onto the Coast near the Redwoods. I have ridden this hwy at least a dozen times in the past. A great destination.
You can use the Google Maps street view to see the hwy. Amazing hwy!
Absolutely meant to include that sign in the pic! The sign has moved a bit in the last few years.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Go to Google maps, find Redbluff California and just search west a mile or so and see hwy36. That sign does not lie. Its perfectly paved, twisty, narrows to a 1.5 wide road near the top and spits you onto the Coast near the Redwoods. I have ridden this hwy at least a dozen times in the past. A great destination.

You can use the Google Maps street view to see the hwy. Amazing hwy!

Absolutely meant to include that sign in the pic! The sign has moved a bit in the last few years.

I'm totally convinced. I love traveling and also renting bikes so plan to check this out. Just last year I flew into LAX rented a Connie and headed towards what they call the "the Snake" near/on Mullholland Drive because I saw the amazing roads/canyons in that part of CA on the google map. :) Roads like that makes riding even more enjoyable.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
GTR lower fairing and crash bars off for the new lower plastic install.

New KIPASS key arriving and then to Kawasaki to have it programed.
Retail for the FOB is $280, I got mine for $198 and now $40 to program.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
I'm reading this one post at a time. Great story GPD! You're one tough crafty bastard.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
God Damn it!!!

Assholes stole my FedEx delivery package off my front door minutes after it was dropped off.

Had my new side plastics and new Key FOB worth $300. I know they thought they hit the mother load as the box was big, but I know they will peer in and say WTF is this and toss it.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF this month has been a killer on the wallet. :abreak:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
replacement parts arriving in the next few days. This time having them kept at the facility and will PU on my own. Reprogram of the key and new lower plastics install next week.

Next trip coming up in 3 weeks to ID on the Connie. This time will carry the spare RFID chipped key.

Today on Mt Rainier on the ZX14.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well what do ya know, FedEx is open on Sundays. Got my new parts for the Connie and my new transponder key. She is all back together and looking sweet!

Things to do. Reprogram key, install new Pirelli Angel GT's and 3 weeks till Idaho 5 day trip!!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Had a great trip from WA to Idaho, Montana, Oregon and back into WA. Rode some really nice roads and 2100 miles total. Had a buddy on his new ZX14 along. Temps were a bit high and triple digits in Baker City, but overall very good no drama trip.
Sisters Oregon on McKenzie Pass

Sawtooth Mountains, Stanley Idaho

Rest Stop, Mitchell Oregon

Rest stop, not sure but I think in Idaho?

Every year I go to Post Falls Idaho and see my friend Bob, he drives his Z06 and we ride our bikes. Chase him up Lolo Pass and he spent 3 days with us this last trip.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts