Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first real roadracing crash a couple of weekends ago in Albuquerque. Running 80-90mph in a right hand corner exit that opened up into the front straight. I was trying to get good drive out of the corner to set the guy in front of me up for a pass in turn 1. He was on a 1000, so I really had to carry a lot more corner speed than he was. I was closing on him throughout the corner, but as we exited, he just never got on the gas, and finally I ran out of room. It was hit him or hit the brakes. I grabbed a little too much brake, and the front started washing out... instead of just riding it into a lowside, I let off the brake, and the front caught and BODYSLAMMED me... slid on my head and right shoulder for a while, Till the leathers caught and I evidently did a nice ragdoll... anyway, the only injury is a sore left ankle, and a burn on my right shoulder caused by the friction of the leathers on the pavement. Gear is worth every penny... Nobody that saw it could belive that I just walked away... albeit a little punch drunk.

Helmet and bike

Self medicating while the paramedics patch me up

Just a good pic from my trackday in Hallett, OK this summer

·
Registered
41 Posts
you are lucky i went on a ride today without gear first and last time i just kept thinking how bad it would be if i laid it down i really didnt have fun

·
Registered
236 Posts
good to see your o.k. ,get back in the sattle

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No worries about back in the saddle... I'm itching to get back on... too bad the crash was on the last race of the day... but We'll be racing again this coming weekend

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.