Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOOB here!! Here's a pic of mine............

SEE YA
CHRIS

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice ride :mfclap :mfclap Tell us more about the SS swingarm conversion if you would...
Jay

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Guy's! Thanks for all the compliments on my ride!(anybody who say's, "I did it all for meself, I don't give a hoot whether anybody else likes it." I think they're B/Sing)
I got to ride the very first ZX11 that came into the dealer I was working for in 1990 and I thought it was a great bike that had the potential to be alot greater. I always thought S/Sided arms were 'da bomb, I had the first BMW K100RS that we got into my Dad's dealership in 1984 and I loved the s/arm set-up.
Anywho........
you want to get the poop on the mods........................
S/arm off a Honda VFR 750. the frame had to be extensively modified.
S/Steel adjustable link rods to play with ride height. If you measure from the tail light to the ground, my bike is set now that it sits about 4" taller than a stocker. "Stink-bug style" Steers MUCH MUCH quicker than a 11 has a right to!
OHLINS shock w/ all the bells & whistles
ZX9 forks & triple & wheel Had to fabricate a steering stem from billet then play mix & match with bearings and seals.
ZX9 Clip-ons
Steering Damper
AP Lockheed 6-pot "narrow-track" calipers w/custom mounts
AP Lockheed 3/4" variable ratio master
PFM "narrow-track" cast iron buttonless rotors 320mm
GOODRICH S/S lines on F & R brakes, clutch, & hyd. spring pre-load adj. on shock
Cylinder head work performed by "Pizza John" Mafaro, pro-stock engine builer here on East coast. Extensive int. & ex. port work, valve contouring, head shaving. Stock cams w/slotted sprockets, re-degreed.
WISECO 2mm over kit w/pistons modified by "Pizza"
STOCK BOTTOM-END WITH OVER 50,000 MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MR.TURBO oil pan
MUZZY header w/MICRON carbon-fibre can
KIEHIN 41mm FCR's
GUNNAR GASSER whirlpool throttle 1/16th turn:scared
ACCEL coils and fat wires
Bike dyno'ed at 171 at wheel BEFORE the FCR's went on! Now I'm just going to get the carbs "seat-of-the-pants" sorted out 'cause out-right top-end don't matter to me much anymore. Safe to say that now it's got even more poop!
Paint and upper fairing mods for ZX7 h/light performed by Bill Conelly "PAINT HEAD DESIGN WORKS" Great guy and great work!!! (don't ask him to do another faring like mine 'cause he assured me that it was such a pain in the ass he'll NEVER do another!)
Carbon-fibre front fender and all inner faring trim
CORBIN gun-fighter seat. Soon to be done in black suede w/"SHINING" logo embroidered on back.
ALL hard-ware is polished Stainless Steel (except for some of the special stuff that can't be had in stainless, that stuff got chromed)
POLISHED EVERYTHING! All polishing work done by "THE SHINING". That's ME!! (if you need any polishing done, call 973-853-1144! SHAMELESS PLUG!!!!)
This thing was the product of a lousy marriage which left me with ALOT of time on my hands to think up ways to stay busy..... away from her!! What better way than a 6 year motorcycle project!!! Some guy's would get a mistress, I got a ZX11! I think I made the wiser choice!
I'll post some detail pics later........................ummmm, I can't find my camera?!?!?!
See ya
Chris

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, more details please. Also, what headlamp are you using? Probably a ZX-7R unit but how did it fit and all?
(more pics here: http://www.zxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5527)
Yup, it's out of a '98 ZX7. I gave the body guy 2 uppers, 1 was a crash victim, so he had the same plastic to work with. He said it was the hardest retro-fit that he had ever done, called it the "frankenfairing". But the job turned out FLAWLESS! Getting the overflow can for the anti-freeze in was like trying for the "10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag" routine!
See ya
Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts