Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading out tomorrow to Vegas, the VERY twisty way. 1000 miles round trip. My company is having a week long party, I mean meeting, at the Hard Rock. I did not get my color kit for my KQR bags yet like DD, so I get to ride with the lighter Ninja 1000 colors. I did fortunately get the KQR fit kit and key setup, so at least I can mount them. 500 miles on the route, hardly a straight road in the path. I plan to take it easy on the trip and stay the night at Lake Isabella.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,268 Posts
Sounds fun. I am trying to get my brother in Vegas to join me on a big Colorado loop this summer. We shall see.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,268 Posts
My brother said he can’t go tour Colorado this summer...hmmmmm...Maybe I will work on I8?

·
6,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would have liked to see the feedback on this 1000 mile round trip ride
This was the first of several long trips on my H2 SX SE. The weather was perfect. The desert is beautiful in the spring. The bike was everything I hoped it would be. Sure, she's a big girl but it actually handles quite well. Every bike should have cruise control. I averaged over 50 MPG with spirited riding, which was quite surprising. The OEM S21 tires were flat dangerous. With less that 2000 miles on them I did a two wheel slide in a corner and thought I lost the bike. I have used the S21 before and after and find them to be perfect for me. They do something to the compound for OEM that makes them dangerous and wear very quickly.

I did a 2500 mile ride about six months after this one through California, Nevada, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. I did two 700 mile days and was fine to hop back on the next day. Almost all of my 12K miles on the bike are fun long trips. I ride my 06 GSXR1000 for local blasting in the hills. The H2 SX SE is a great bike!

·
Registered
124 Posts
This was the first of several long trips on my H2 SX SE. The weather was perfect. The desert is beautiful in the spring. The bike was everything I hoped it would be. Sure, she's a big girl but it actually handles quite well. Every bike should have cruise control. I averaged over 50 MPG with spirited riding, which was quite surprising. The OEM S21 tires were flat dangerous. With less that 2000 miles on them I did a two wheel slide in a corner and thought I lost the bike. I have used the S21 before and after and find them to be perfect for me. They do something to the compound for OEM that makes them dangerous and wear very quickly.

I did a 2500 mile ride about six months after this one through California, Nevada, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. I did two 700 mile days and was fine to hop back on the next day. Almost all of my 12K miles on the bike are fun long trips. I ride my 06 GSXR1000 for local blasting in the hills. The H2 SX SE is a great bike!

Thanks for your feedback, I have a ZX1100D and a 2000 ZX-9R, both really great shape and mechnically sound. I am trying to sell both and was hoping to get an H2 SX SE but it may be too much of a stretch so iw ill settle with the new 2020 1000SX a dealer has that is 1 mth old returned by a customer after he had a scare getting back into biking after 15 yrs. 155km on it with full warranty and it has all the goodies but is not an H2 SX SE but still a nice ride

1 - 9 of 9 Posts