Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

new to forum and still pretty new rider, last time i rode was like 5yrs ago.

Thinking of buying a 600, choice 2007 ZX6R vs CBR vs maybe R6

what are your comments on it, especially for new rider?

I hear the R6 is pretty hard bike to ride, hard on backass too right or was that 4yrs ago news?

·
Registered
144 Posts
personally i really dislike the look of the new r6, just really really don't care for it

the cbr is pretty hot, but i'm biassed and the zx6r, mmmm, pure hotness

·
Registered
54 Posts
well this would depend on what you want r6 is the most uncomforable thing ive ever rode cant stand anything honda the gsxr 600 is sweet but you didnt list it zx6 might now be my new fav i love my little ride but one ? do you want top end or down low torque ???

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the thing is, I live in asia, which for the most part is hot, humid and very busy on the roads, unlike Europe or US where u can go mad for top speed.

So I would say with my limited experience on bikes, something not too hard on the back/butt, easy-ish to handle and of course looks COOL :crackup

low-mid range torque I think for getting out of sticky situations

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx Kilika, I realise the more sensible options would be bikes like the SV650 but if u only had the choices of zx6r vs cbr vs r6 :mfclap , which would u go for?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have actually been on all three.. I can tell you this... trying not to be bias... The r6 is a very smooth running bike. The factory exhaust sounds like shit on it and your ass is going to be sore ass hell from ridding. It is probably the most uncomfortable bike ever. But from the seat foward it looks pretty kewl.. Other than that Preying Mantis frontend and the scorpy sharp rearend. But you will probably find that you will wish you had went with the later 2..
The CBR is a comfortable bike and has a pretty good rep. It sounds good out of the box but it has the same ol look and it won't be long and they will remake the bike.. Wouldnt that suck if it was next year and everyone says... "oh! you got the older one". Kinda like Mustangs does. But if your not as interested in looks and want good performance the the cbr would be my second choice.
The zx6r on the other hand, Completly redone. All new.. motor and body style. It is a very smooth running bike through the gears and they are tight. Sounds great without mods (with mods even better).. This bike is not the most comfortable bike I have had or been on but it ranks up there as one of the top three. Of the three choices this bike is the best in the 600 class. My brother has a gsxr and very close friend just got the 07 r6. When we ride, I get the most attention with my Mean Green zx6r. Everyone wants to see it . I have even had a couple of times where people have run into the street and flag me down to ask abut it... sounds silly but it is true. Plus the bike is very reactive and easy to ride.. into a twist, just almost think it and your biike is there. Look for it in the shootouts for 07.. Very good chance it will be bike of the year.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have actually been on all three.. I can tell you this... trying not to be bias... The r6 is a very smooth running bike. The factory exhaust sounds like shit on it and your ass is going to be sore ass hell from ridding. It is probably the most uncomfortable bike ever. But from the seat foward it looks pretty kewl.. Other than that Preying Mantis frontend and the scorpy sharp rearend. But you will probably find that you will wish you had went with the later 2..
The CBR is a comfortable bike and has a pretty good rep. It sounds good out of the box but it has the same ol look and it won't be long and they will remake the bike.. Wouldnt that suck if it was next year and everyone says... "oh! you got the older one". Kinda like Mustangs does. But if your not as interested in looks and want good performance the the cbr would be my second choice.
The zx6r on the other hand, Completly redone. All new.. motor and body style. It is a very smooth running bike through the gears and they are tight. Sounds great without mods (with mods even better).. This bike is not the most comfortable bike I have had or been on but it ranks up there as one of the top three. Of the three choices this bike is the best in the 600 class. My brother has a gsxr and very close friend just got the 07 r6. When we ride, I get the most attention with my Mean Green zx6r. Everyone wants to see it . I have even had a couple of times where people have run into the street and flag me down to ask abut it... sounds silly but it is true. Plus the bike is very reactive and easy to ride.. into a twist, just almost think it and your biike is there. Look for it in the shootouts for 07.. Very good chance it will be bike of the year.
thanks for the info :mfclap its very helpful
my mate just got himself a 2004 ZX9R, he suggests I get ZX6R too

·
Registered
379 Posts
If your looking for mid range and easy handling then go for the CBR. I love the Kwaka and i would ride that but Honda is known as an all person bike. Any fool ( no offence ) is able to get on a Honda and do things that need more practice on any other bike. Its very user friendly and easy to ride

·
Registered
115 Posts
If your looking for mid range and easy handling then go for the CBR. I love the Kwaka and i would ride that but Honda is known as an all person bike. Any fool ( no offence ) is able to get on a Honda and do things that need more practice on any other bike. Its very user friendly and easy to ride
Have you rid'n the 07 zx6r? But really? What things would you need more practice for? Stunt'n?

·
Registered
102 Posts
actually to shed a little light the 07 CBR is totally redone as well for 07 so you dont have to worry about a remake for at least 3 years....now i have the 07 zx-6r and am very glad i went with it instead of the CBR..however i have intentions on taking my zx to the track..the riding position is far more aggressive than the cbr so as far as comfort goes having been on the CBR the CBR has much more upright ergo's. As for the power, these bikes are so closely matched i dont think you lose on any of them. As for looks personally i dont think there is a sweeter looking 600 than the zx-6r out there..period!!! I would go check them out and sit on them and see what fits you better, the honda is a much smaller/lighter bike. its actually like 30lbs lighter than the zx-6r but again go with what feels comfortable to you. Good luck and ride safe

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
actually to shed a little light the 07 CBR is totally redone as well for 07 so you dont have to worry about a remake for at least 3 years....now i have the 07 zx-6r and am very glad i went with it instead of the CBR..however i have intentions on taking my zx to the track..the riding position is far more aggressive than the cbr so as far as comfort goes having been on the CBR the CBR has much more upright ergo's. As for the power, these bikes are so closely matched i dont think you lose on any of them. As for looks personally i dont think there is a sweeter looking 600 than the zx-6r out there..period!!! I would go check them out and sit on them and see what fits you better, the honda is a much smaller/lighter bike. its actually like 30lbs lighter than the zx-6r but again go with what feels comfortable to you. Good luck and ride safe
I went today to showroom to just sit on them, the CBR and ZXR, I must say, I do like the 6R way more. As u say, the CBR is and feels slightly smaller and lighter actually. Power-wise, hard cornering etc I will just take it from u guys, theres no tracks in Hong Kong anyway which basically means I will never get to see/feel these types of bikes at their peak performance.

Also, the ZX6R costs nearly US$700 CHEAPER too compared to CBR.

·
Registered
29 Posts
walk out with an 07 zx6r about 6hrs ago. love it to death and yes it is 3 in the morning and im just getting home. llllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee my new ride. first bike ever too. dream come true. get the zx6r.

·
Registered
532 Posts
GET THE ZX6R! AN ORANGE ONE!

Done 3000km with mine now and won't trade my son for his ZX10R!

·
Registered
379 Posts
MISTERSHOTGUN, i would take the ZX any day over anything trust me. i am a KWAKA man through and through. The only reason i said what i did was because the nature of the CBR is a lot tamer and easier than the ZX. The ZX needs to be kept on the boil a bit more than the CBR to get the full feel and effetc.

By the way, yes i have taken the new ZX for a spin and as i say, i love it. its a great machine and if i still rode a 600 then i would get one for myself.

bearbooth's question was what he should look at being a very inexperienced rider. If you ride the CBR and the ZX back to back, the ZX is a lot more track bias then the CBR in the way it goes and feels.

Well thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
115 Posts
WhokilledKenny,
Yeah... your right.. I wasnt trying to be offensive... your last post is actually very true.. and to you other guys who read the posts from me earlier... I was wrong about the cbr being same old look. I actually have not taken the new 07 cbr out so I must retract what I said about it.. But I have taken one out... just not the new one. I have also tore it up with the 07 r6.. and I will say .. I hate the thing... Again, the Honda does look much better this year.. but still not as good as Team Green

MISTERSHOTGUN, i would take the ZX any day over anything trust me. i am a KWAKA man through and through. The only reason i said what i did was because the nature of the CBR is a lot tamer and easier than the ZX. The ZX needs to be kept on the boil a bit more than the CBR to get the full feel and effetc.

By the way, yes i have taken the new ZX for a spin and as i say, i love it. its a great machine and if i still rode a 600 then i would get one for myself.

bearbooth's question was what he should look at being a very inexperienced rider. If you ride the CBR and the ZX back to back, the ZX is a lot more track bias then the CBR in the way it goes and feels.

Well thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I probably would've gone Honda if not zx6r too. Woulda gone R6 but don't like the new look, and I remember the cramped ride I had on my buddies. One thing I find strange about the CBR's is the steering config (ie, how you're right on top of the steering pivot point); but machts nichts is a pretty bike and a performer. Never been a GSXer fan, so nothing more to say there. But, I gotta tell you people do approach you and wanna check out your zx6r all the time, she's a looker.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts