Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive just got a 1998 late reg zx6r f3. And need some advice. It needs a few bits and bobs doing to it:

1) It needs a new front tire which i think i will have to go to a dealer for.
2) I also need a new down pipes as one of the pipes is cracked and blowing. There as some down pipes for a G1 on ebay would these fit my bike?
3) Also the rear break light does not come on when i press the front break. I believe its the switch in the handle bars but im not sure? Whats the best way to test and whats the replacement part called?

Whats the best place to get parts from? I have a Haynes on the way and plan to try and do 2,3 my self.

·
Registered
264 Posts
As far as the brake light not working. Turn your handle bars all the way to the right and have a peek under the lever and see if you can locate the switch. You should see two wires with 90° connectors. Hopefully one is unhooked and your problem is solved. If not double check both connectors, sometimes all it takes is a pair of needle nose pliers to make the connecting better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice that worked a treat, just sanded down the pins a little and tightened the connectors. And jobs a good un!

Would you know any where cheap to get a decent down pipe from? Ive spotted a F1-F3 down pipe on ebay for £110. But it listed as needing some adjusting to fit, and im not overly confident about being able to do that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
23 Posts
Theres also this one on fleabay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kawasaki-ZX6R...ryZ10464QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also,take a look at the microfiche for your bike on here,i dont know what the differences are if any between the F3 and G1 sets of downpipes.It lists the part numbers for the different models,i know its a US site but i found the part numbers were the same in the states as in the UK for my Suzuki DRZ400,i also used it for my Hornet 600 as well.I would have thought the part numbers would be the same for a Kawasaki in the UK as they are in the states as well,double check though before buying anything,like i said the suzuki and honda part numbers i use are exacltly the same both sides of the pond.Hope you get it sorted.

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/getyear.cfm?man=ka&groupid=12990

Andy UK

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting thanks mynameis it appears that the numbers are the same.

However the downpipe issue is now on hold as i have discovered a crack in the frame :(. Very annoying as the person i bought it off completely neglected to tell me about it. I should have really checked it more throughly however that part of the frame was concealed by the fairing.

I am atm taking the bike apart so i can either take the frame to be welded or buy another one. So if anyone has any info on new frames that would be much appreciated!

ps thanks for all the help what a great forum!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts