Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a chance to pick up a 1997 zx9r engine, apparently it needs to be "timed" and hes had it running last summer. Figured it would be a good engine for parts if they interchange between the C1 and C2s. If the gearbox interchanges Id be willing to snag it for just "in case", but havent seen much about the 97 B4s
Anyone got any advice? good or bads??

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
Got a chance to pick up a 1997 zx9r engine, apparently it needs to be "timed" and hes had it running last summer. Figured it would be a good engine for parts if they interchange between the C1 and C2s. If the gearbox interchanges Id be willing to snag it for just "in case", but havent seen much about the 97 B4s
Anyone got any advice? good or bads??
94-97 are the same family. 98-03 are different. The cranks are completely different for starters. The 98-03 has the generator on the end of the crank. 94-97 have an alternator piggybacked onto the top of the cases above the transmission. I don't believe any parts will readily interchange. I've owned a 98 ZX9 and several 91-95 ZX7's. I currently have 2 ZX9 (B) engines and have seen the insides of the ones in question. I have never looked at them with the intnetion of swapping parts though.

·
Registered
847 Posts
there are always people looking for engines for this series bike. Dont part it out, sell it as a whole.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts