Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I could use some thoughts on my current issue!
I have a 1997 zx1100d. The whole situation started when I cleaned out my tank because of water in the fuel. Once the fuel and water were removed I drained the float bowls. put everything back in its place and proceeded to start her up. She imediately went full boar! Taching out between 5000 to 6000 rpms. Everything is as it should be as far as vaccum line. No kinks in the throttle cable. Choke cable is functioning too. Idle adjusment is proper. I'm not a bike tech but I have a mechanical background. Just can't seem see where I went wrong. Or. I sthis a symptom of a much larger problem! Any forthcoming help would be welcome! Thanks everyone! Peter

·
Registered
423 Posts
this wasnt happening before you took it apart? if not take it apart again and put it back together. you might have missed something, something happened like this to me with my zx11 when doing the tune up. turns our i forgot to connect one of the hoses and onces corrected my zx11D was roaring like the lion she is.

shot some picks since i have the same bike maybe we can tackle it together.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Interesting... I'm having a very similar problem on my friends C Model. Cleaned out the carbs because there was some junk in one of the float bowl needles and gas was leaking past it.

Cleaned everything up, put it back together and she just wants to idle around 5000/6000 rpms. Nothing was kinked or left off.

I'm really struggling to figure this out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts