Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I posted this elsewhere, but im looking around to see what i can find out.. thank you for the help..

I have a problem.. or, to be more precise, my brother-in-law has a problem. He recently bought a 1997 ZX-6R with 25,000 miles. It ran alright, but a carb cleaning was needed. He took it in to get a cleaning/ tune up/break job (scheduled a month in advance), was told the day it would be worked on and when it would be done (took in on a Tuesday, work to be done on a Friday). Three and a half weeks later - $700 - they finally get the service done. It ran a lot better (finally was able to take the choke off when stopped at a light!) for a few minutes, but after about 20 miles he couldnt ride in 4/5 gear. He could go up to 75mph+ in third, but as soon as he shifter into 4/5, he could wack the throttle wide open and he would just slow down. He took it back today, but does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

·
Registered
18 Posts
deffo a carb problem without a bit more info wouldnt like to say, pull a plug n see what it looks like.did the shop put the carbs on the right way round ! whats idle speed any other points through the rev range where it dies? try full throttle in lower gear does it still die ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts