Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Thinking about selling My 1996 ZX7R... I really don't know what to ask??? Maybe someone here might be interested??

Only 1200 miles, Near new condition.. It was converted to look like a mix of the 1996 and 1998 model years with white powder coated rims. I also have the original parts (which are like new) to turn it back to stock, including the tank and purple rims which still have the Dunlop D204's... as seen below

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
in this area, probably 2500-3500. all depends on if you get someone that really really likes it or not. where in nj you at?

·
Registered
68 Posts
DAAAMN i wish i had the xtra cash right now. id like to have that bike... i have a 98 that im in the middle of debating whether i want to sell or finish building... im going to keep u in mind. if u sell it please post letting us know its gone

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
You could probably ask $5,000 for it and net at least $4,000

I would buy it if I didn't have 2 already.

·
Registered
142 Posts
That is one beautiful bike! Best year for paint IMHO. I guess it all depends on who is looking, I'd say $3500 all day long; though 4-4.5k isn't out of the question if an enthusiast starts drooling....especially if he's a clean slate kind of guy. GLWS if you decide to sell it!
P.S. looks better w the purple rims IMO

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
That thing's a Virgin!

It doesn't even have rock chips in the fender.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Wow.
What a gorgeous bike.
Why get rid of it?
The new bikes don't look half as good as this gem.
I can't believe how clean this is.
MOAR PICS

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm the second owner, got it off a guy who had several ZX7's... I have a lot of stuff to go with it...

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
$3500 here on a good day.

Although most around here will think the speedo was disconnected or replaced to get such low miles despite the condition.

Josh

·
6,860 Posts
Don't bring it here. You would be hard pressed to get $2000 for any ZX7R here in Cali. If it is not injected it just will not sell. Hell, I bought a nearly perfect 05 ZX10R last year for $2500. I then bought an 04 ZX10R track bike for $1500 that needed nothing. I gave my 99 Ducati 750SS away for $1000 and nearly had to beg the guy to take it. It had three sets of fairings.

Buyers market here in Cali.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you lived closer to Chicago I would consider buying that. I'd estimate the value around $4K maybe more on a good day and the right time of year. ZX7's are really liked by some and not worth a shit to others. Most people want a EFI bike, myself included. I keep my '94 because I love the bike. Its daily riding duties will be replaced with an EFI bike.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Don't bring it here. You would be hard pressed to get $2000 for any ZX7R here in Cali. If it is not injected it just will not sell. Hell, I bought a nearly perfect 05 ZX10R last year for $2500. I then bought an 04 ZX10R track bike for $1500 that needed nothing. I gave my 99 Ducati 750SS away for $1000 and nearly had to beg the guy to take it. It had three sets of fairings.

Buyers market here in Cali.
Why are they going for so cheap there? Man, almost want to take a trip.

To some people its a rocket.
To others it's freedom. (zx9r)

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

I would say the average for a 750 class bike here is $1750-2100. That's why I say on a GOOD day in Colorado will you see $3500.

And that would likely be someone hard pressed from Nebraska or New Mexico wanting to travel 600+ miles to get it.

Josh

·
6,860 Posts

The best I can figure is there are TONS of bikes here coupled with what these liberal tax happy California legislature buttheads are chasing companies out of state has made a glut of bikes on the market. Craigslist will only let motorcycles stay listed for one week here before deleting there are so many. Picture it, the wife just got done doing the bills, walks in the garage and sees money parked next to her car. Yells "we need money so get that damn bike out of here!".

Great example:

I have a 94 ZX7 listed local with a fresh motor, complete fairings (albeit ugly, but not busted up), good tires and runs great. I have it listed for $800 and I do not even get calls for a lowball offer.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
The best I can figure is there are TONS of bikes here coupled with what these liberal tax happy California legislature buttheads are chasing companies out of state has made a glut of bikes on the market. Craigslist will only let motorcycles stay listed for one week here before deleting there are so many. Picture it, the wife just got done doing the bills, walks in the garage and sees money parked next to her car. Yells "we need money so get that damn bike out of here!".

Great example:

I have a 94 ZX7 listed local with a fresh motor, complete fairings (albeit ugly, but not busted up), good tires and runs great. I have it listed for $800 and I do not even get calls for a lowball offer.
I'm going to start surfing the cali list for bikes.....that is insanity.

·
6,860 Posts
The thing that really pisses me off is if it was a old, beat to hell, busted up Ninja 250 I could get $2500. I see two year old Ninja 250s here going for more than new retail price.

·
6,860 Posts
Sorry Kawi7 for the threadjack:

I am selling my two ZX10R bikes. IF INTERESTED PLEASE PM ME!!!! Do not extend this threadjack

04 ZX10R track bike with Samco hoses and nearly new primered fairings. $2000 I put a bunch of work in it cleaning it up, so asking a bit more.

05 ZX10R street bike $5000. Fairings cracked when a buddy dropped it in a parking lot. All there but some cracks. Here is the list of the ridiculous amount of toys on it:

Vortex rearsets
09 ZX10R Forks with 25mm Ohlins cartridges
Ohlins shock
Ohlins damper
Akrapovic full pipe
Power Commander III
Ducati Brembo two piston rear caliper with custom bracket
KTM Brembo rear master cylinder
09 ZX10R front Master Cylinder
Braided lines front and rear
09 CBR 1000 Tokiko Calipers with correct spacers
Galfer front rotors
Gafler rear rotor
Spare set of stock wheels
Two sets of Conti race DOT tires with almost no miles
06 ZX10R gauge for conversion (harness not included)
Carbon rear fender
Carrozzeria wheels are extra ......

I also have

Really rough but real 96 ZX7RR
94 ZX7 mentioned earlier
94 ZX7R (M model) track bike with a ZX9R motor, fresh DOT Conti track tires, rearsets, Harris fairing stay, gold valve kit in the 96 ZX7R forks
96 ZX7RR with OPP fairings (with belly pan, but for the street), gold valve kit, rearsets, Ducati Brembo MCs, rearsets, Dymag wheels. I can take toys off if you wish

·
Registered
5,380 Posts

Great example:

I'll take a week off, give you $800, fly out there and ride it home for $800! That's crazy! I've made about half that on my partout and I've only sold throttle cables, the front wheel, thremostat, and CDI, plus traded the tires for a nice rifle. My bike not running in beat to shit condition with a salvage title got me offers of $600.

Change the oil for me please :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Scott, that market is fu$!ing nuts low out there! I should come out visit my sister in Santa Monica and buy bikes, rent a Uhaul and truck-er on back to Maine!! P.S. OP, sorry about the off topic reply..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts