Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this machine and trying to get it right to ride.

I went through the carbs and. Noticed the set up.

Pilots set like 4 to 5 turns out on 1 2 3 carbs but 4th carb was bottomed out.

Mains are all 4 #155
Idles are #38
Needles are 3rd groove with shims on top. 2 on top of 2 of the carbs and one on top of the other 2.

Bike idles up and down a small amount here and there during idle and when reved up it hangs at about 3k for a while before coming to idle when throttle is let off.

Currently air box is off of it so I can easily pull carbs back off.

Only adjustment I've made after cleaning carbs was set all 4 carbs to 2 turns out now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
I’d definitely check the sync between all four carbs as well. If that’s off too much, you definitely won’t be able to idle/run right. And I swear my screws were more like 3-4 turns out...but I have a ‘93 C model, so maybe it’s different.

That’s a great looking bike, nice score! Looks like it has a Muzzy exhaust as well?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Just picked up this machine and trying to get it right to ride.
Remove carbs, complete tear down, and also make sure you REMOVE & CLEAN THE PILOT JETS...

Welcome Aboard Grasshopper...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Beutiful. I've just been discussing C vs D jetting. Here's a page from the 3rd edition (12.21.94) ZX11 factory service manual covering the D's carb specs. Notice the addendum at the bottom for the D3. What you say your carbs are set at mirror my '92 ZX11C3 (all 155 mains). My jet needles are N60U's.
I love my '92 but the more I compare it with the D's I think the D's are the cat's meow. My only complaint about the D's vs my C3 is it is a bit too "pretty". My 92 was ebony, frame and fairing with silver wheels. I've removed all "bold, new graphics" so it is simply grand piano black. I do like the lower throttle and clutch grips. My Corbin Gunfighter seat ices the cake (wider and so comfortable). Well, enjoy!! (how could you not?)

H.S.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks that's what I based mine off of. Just not sure if that's how it should be based I the fact that someone put 155 mains in the bike.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts