Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1995 zx9 i bought it two days ago for 3000 dollars. me being the way i am i like doing wheelies. the bike was lowered so it was somewhat hard to pull up in second i take it to kawasaki in my town to raise it up they raise it to stock height then tell me i need a new tire well i get tire on go down road chain breaks and rips front sprocket off busting engine casing and bending the output shaft so i have been told it is called i need to know where i can find an out put shaft and how to fix this without dishing out more than 700 dollars its my only source of transportation please help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

heres my bike if it would help i could take a picture of the damage i just need help asap please anyone that knows anything about this

·
Registered
219 Posts
That really sucks man! When I bought my 97 the guy mentioned I should probably replace the chain, your story has inspired me to do that. I have a PDF of the manual, if you pm me your email I can send it to you. Best of luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i ordered my haynes guide i basically took every thing off bike today so i can pull engine when i get it i think i will have to split the case replace with the gears i buy and then fix the oil leak that was also a result from this. My zx9 is only my second bike first was a 99 katana i raised hell on it for awhile got to only raise hell for 2 days on the zx tho:( also got license pulled for 6 months

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you like to do wheelies, I hate to tell you this, but you deserve to get that kind of trouble. The bike is telling you something, and I will give you a clue: it says "stop doing wheelies".

Next piece of advice: learn some basic grammar. I did not see a single punctuation mark in your initial post, yet you had several separate statements. Wow, please, get a book and crack it open and take a look at the chapter on "Punctuation".

A used bike that old is going to have some part failure. You build that into the purchase price or you don't make the purchase. You don't have any way to verify the history of use, but if any of the prior owners were like you, expect a lot of part failure.

My '96 has 20,000 miles and it still has the original chain and sprockets. They are in good condition. I bought it new in '95. Everything is serviced and cleaned frequently. I don't do wheelies. I have the original suspension. In great condition, although Race Tech rebuilt everything at 9,000 miles to recalibrate it for my weight and type of riding. But I don't do wheelies. The engine has no oil leaks, does not consume a drop of oil, and doesn't have any funny noises. But, again, I don't do wheelies.

:rant

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked for help not your smart ass comment. i pop wheelies cause i am a hard ass its an adrenaline rush,to go fast, and wheelie the shit out of my bike. i don't have to use and grammar at all. so don't voice your opinion and correct things i didn't ask for.

"i have a 1995 zx9 i bought it two days ago for 3000 dollars. me being the way i am i like doing wheelies. the bike was lowered so it was somewhat hard to pull up in second i take it to kawasaki in my town to raise it up they raise it to stock height then tell me i need a new tire well i get tire on go down road chain breaks and rips front sprocket off busting engine casing and bending the output shaft so i have been told it is called i need to know where i can find an out put shaft and how to fix this without dishing out more than 700 dollars its my only source of transportation please help"

anywhere in this sentence did i ask for you to correct my grammar or even tell me how to ride my own bike or how your bike has stock sprockets? No.

Don't be a douche my bike got fucked up because of a kawasaki shop not me doing wheelies my bike has not a single bit of wear or tear rust on it always garage kept from previous owner my bike had a BRAND new chain they fucked me i didnt fuck my self from doing a wheelie

·
Registered
112 Posts
Listen, young man. If you write here, you are going to get your head cut off and you know what done down your throat if you can't write proper grammatically. Real simple. It is sort of like walking down the street with your pants down to your knees. Someone is going to comment that you forgot to do something before you left the house. So as I said, crack open that grammar book and take a look.

Real men go get a race license and race on a track, they don't make it hard for law abiding and safe riders to enjoy their bike on the street. It is punks like you who piss off the non riders and cause them to vote in restrictive laws and ordinances related to motorcycles. You don't have to be a moron every day of your life, it is a choice and you can choose to ride smart and responsibly. And learn good grammar.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I asked for help not your smart ass comment. i pop wheelies cause i am a hard ass its an adrenaline rush,to go fast, and wheelie the shit out of my bike. i don't have to use and grammar at all. so don't voice your opinion and correct things i didn't ask for.

"i have a 1995 zx9 i bought it two days ago for 3000 dollars. me being the way i am i like doing wheelies. the bike was lowered so it was somewhat hard to pull up in second i take it to kawasaki in my town to raise it up they raise it to stock height then tell me i need a new tire well i get tire on go down road chain breaks and rips front sprocket off busting engine casing and bending the output shaft so i have been told it is called i need to know where i can find an out put shaft and how to fix this without dishing out more than 700 dollars its my only source of transportation please help"

anywhere in this sentence did i ask for you to correct my grammar or even tell me how to ride my own bike or how your bike has stock sprockets? No.

Don't be a douche my bike got fucked up because of a kawasaki shop not me doing wheelies my bike has not a single bit of wear or tear rust on it always garage kept from previous owner my bike had a BRAND new chain they fucked me i didnt fuck my self from doing a wheelie
lmfao. how did the kawi shop mess up your bike?? last i checked, they dont have anything to do with the chain/sprockets. though, over-revving the bike to achieve rpms to pull up and sustain a wheelie also exert great stress on the chain, which if you bought a bike used, you should have checked in the first place. chains and sprockets wear down greatly when improperly maintained/lubed/etc. the accident is a clear result of your own negligence, not the shops. i do wheelies, but i know to replace my chain when its worn. i also know to make sure the sprockets aren't set at 15/45 like EVERYONE thinks is great - bcuz it wears down the chain immensly - the only thing worse, is 15/44. fyi, when you buy one new sprocket, you need to replace both, and the chain. and while you're at it, why dont you try 16/43 so you extend the life of all parts involved ;) just for your benefit! if you knew anything about the mechanics of chain vs sprockets, you'd know better, and probably would have saved yourself the trouble of a wrecked bike. good job sir.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts