Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 95 zx9 on ebay which was stated to have been bored to 1340cc's, a stage 2 jet kit, muzzy pipe, and about 500 miles on the engine. I do not have any paperwork, but the cylinder has obviously been off the engine and it has a ton of compression. First oil change had some light metal shavings like a new engine could. My first question is whether or not it is possible to actually have this many cc's? I may have been a sucker.

Second, from 3-6k rpm the bike pulls like crazy, but after 6k the power drops off sharply in any gear. For comparison, midrange power feels as fast as my R1. I havent checked plugs yet, but it does feel like it may not be receiving enough fuel. It surges a little around 6k, then sharply drops off. If I really do have 1300 cc's, what carbs/jetting can I use ? I was thinking perhaps the zx11 carbs with a stage 2 or 3 jet to start???? What is everyone else using for a big bore setup? Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

·
Registered
236 Posts
I Have Flatslides On My 998 Kit,never Heard Of A 900 With That Big Of A Bore??

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dont believe you could have that big of a bore, I mean thats almost half again the cc's. You would have over lapping pistons and no cylinder wall left,I would think. Im new to kawi's but not to bikes, so im not sure if the 9's have 3 jets or 2 but your mains may be to small and choking out. Good luck!

·
Registered
462 Posts
1340?! that is kinda ridiculous. it's the stock block right? i personally don't feel that's possible. I've taken my motor apart plenty of times but boring that big... even with bigger gaskets sound like bull to me. where would the water jacket go? check it out man.

head off! i would call that an outrageous lie but i don't have any experience with boring/stroking motors. theres obviously material to shave but that much!?! i think i would have read about a 1340 9R before to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts