Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 zx6r with a turn signal problem. when I got the bike it was in rough shape. I tore it down to figure out the wiring so I could get everything back to working order. I used a test light to see where the power was at. Using the left turn signal, the left wiring lights the test light nice and bright, but the indicator on the cluster doesnt light up. Putting the test light on the right wiring makes it light dimly but the cluster indicator lights up. vise versa. im at a complete loss here now. any help would be awesome.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
is it the same light in the cluster of does it have a left and a right indicator?, not familiar with them bikes, shoot the wiring to the cluster on the left and look at the wires for the right may have a weak connection somewhere

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my bike has just a single indicator light. it just flashes when the blinker is on. im just trying to figure out why the test light flashes bright but the indicator light doesnt flash. but when the test light flashes dim the indicator light flashes.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Hook everything up and see if it lights up then. If you don't have enough current flowing through there its super effing dim.

That is of course assuming the circuit is similar to the one on my 7, and I am guessing it is.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
I found out on mine that if a front or rear bulb is burnt out, it wont even turn on the remaining one. Make sure all your bulbs are good and all 4 are connected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my zx6 was able to flash just the rears but when I got it from the previous owner the tail light was integrated and it flashed fine to the left but on the right it flashed both left and right at the same time. Im thinking there is a wire or two within the wiring is crossed and its sending a signal back somewhere?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts