Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to the group. Looking for some hekp.
I have a 1994 zx7. i cant get it to start. Started fine last year but towards the end of the season it started acting up. Only starting occasionally. Ended the season by roll starting to get to run. So after replacing the batery all i get is a rapid clicking that seems to be comming from either the relays at the ignitor or the ignitor itself. i am no mechanic, i am only going by what i have found online. I have a new solenoid to try but i would appreciate any help you might have.
Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm not a mechanic either but it sounds like the bike may have several problems. I'd first check out all my battery connections. Make sure my ground to frame is good, clean & tight. Get the starter where it'll spin the engine over. Then, because it was getting increasingly hard to start last year, I'd suspect the carburetors need cleaning or sync'ed. May need a valve adjustment too. May have to clean or replace air & fuel filters. But get it turning over with the starter first.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Sounds like his issue is the starter. Try tapping (usually punching) the fuse block with the button down and see if that gets it to start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts