Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding a '94 ZX7 L engine. I have gotten as far as reinstallation of the rocker shafts, rockers and springs. The rocker shaft springs that came inside my bike have what I am going to refer to as "tangs" on each end so that the rockers are spring loaded against the shim. In all of the manuals and parts diagrams, however, they just look like regular springs. No tangs. Forum searches reveal some confusion surrounding the fact that some L models have the spring loaded versions and some have regular springs.

I discovered that ZX9Rs of similar years have springs like mine, with the tangs. ZX9R manual says how to orient the springs but nothing about the technique of reinstalling them. I believe the short tang sits in the groove on top of the rocker arm, and the other tang rests in the circular indentation in the wall of the engine case. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? And perhaps share your technique for installing them without sending springs and rocker arms across the garage for me to search for? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,693 Posts
@57x do you have any experience with this?

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,693 Posts
I am rebuilding a '94 ZX7 L engine. I have gotten as far as reinstallation of the rocker shafts, rockers and springs. The rocker shaft springs that came inside my bike have what I am going to refer to as "tangs" on each end so that the rockers are spring loaded against the shim. In all of the manuals and parts diagrams, however, they just look like regular springs. No tangs. Forum searches reveal some confusion surrounding the fact that some L models have the spring loaded versions and some have regular springs.

I discovered that ZX9Rs of similar years have springs like mine, with the tangs. ZX9R manual says how to orient the springs but nothing about the technique of reinstalling them. I believe the short tang sits in the groove on top of the rocker arm, and the other tang rests in the circular indentation in the wall of the engine case. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? And perhaps share your technique for installing them without sending springs and rocker arms across the garage for me to search for? Thanks!!
Any updates?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts