Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i am knew to this website and to the "sport bike world." I recently bought myself a 1993 zx600d, it definetely needs work. If anyone could help me out with a few things.
1. I have a problem where the clutch neeeds to be adjusted way to far. To where the wire is really short. Does this mean i need new clutch springs? or is it the plates? or is it somethign comepletely different. I was checking out a kevlar clutch set on Denniskirk for a hundred bucks, is this a good clutch to go with?

2. Can anyone share with me some general info about this bike. Just about anythign you know about it let me know PLEASE. It would be very helpful
Thanx ahead of time

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have you had your clutch cable replaced lately? I have a set of carbs for your exact bike sitting in my closet.

these bikes are very well built machines, just keep up on maintainence and treat it like you do a good lady.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't ever replaced the cable, but i've only had the bike for a few months. Is this something that normally wears out? If so how hard is it to install? Would it be worth just doing the whole clutch while i am in there. Thanx buddy

·
Registered
23 Posts
you shouldnt need to do the WHOLE clutch, the cable just goes in with a couple nuts on the motor, and I forget what on the other end. its stupidly simple to install, just route the new one the same way the old one is, and switch em out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts