Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Will a 1993 ZX11D1 Rear Wheel Fit a 1997 ZX11D5? I hope it will, I need a rear wheel that is chrome. I priced getting my rear wheel rechromed and it was way out of my price range like $425.00. I can buy one cheaper than that on ebay. Just need some advice. Thanks in Advanced!!!

Later,

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look the same as my 93 D1 model wheels... although the guys listing is a bit wacky.. all the "D" parts are interchangeable.. just interchangeable with the "C" parts in some areas.

good luck.. they look like they should work.

Thanks Hurc, that makes me feel alittle better knowing that $200
is not going down the drain:mfclap . I hope it works, I thought all zx11d from 93 tp 01 models would fit anyway and his listing is somewhat scary. Thanks Again!!!!!

Later,

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
...Did you read the listing on ebay to see how screwy it sounded? I agree with hurc it sounds messedup in his listing.
From E-Bay listing:
...IT WILL ONLY FIT THE 1993 ZX11D1. WILL NOT FIT ANY OTHER YEARS. WILL NOT FIT THE 1993 ZX11C...

This is wrong. A wheel from a ZX-11D model WILL fit perfectly on any ZX-11D, period. It's even a perfect fit on any 2002~2005 ZZ-R1200 (do not mix up with ZX-12R though...). Believe us, not the auction's seller.
However, as stated in the auction, it will not fit a ZX-11C.

·
Registered
161 Posts
From E-Bay listing:
...IT WILL ONLY FIT THE 1993 ZX11D1. WILL NOT FIT ANY OTHER YEARS. WILL NOT FIT THE 1993 ZX11C...

This is wrong. A wheel from a ZX-11D model WILL fit perfectly on any ZX-11D, period. It's even a perfect fit on any 2002~2005 ZZ-R1200 (do not mix up with ZX-12R though...). Believe us, not the auction's seller.
However, as stated in the auction, it will not fit a ZX-11C.

I'm sure the seller was just covering his ass. He may have had a problem with someone buying something in the past then complaning that it didn't fit. You should be all set with that wheel on your bike:crazyloco .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey Ghost.. did you get the wheels yet? How'd they look?

Hello Hurc,

I should get them by friday. The seller told me that the chrome was in excellet shape, no bubbles, pealing and he also said the wheel was straight and true with a few minor pits. I will taking them to my local dealer here to have my tires taking off of the old rims to be put on the new ones. I will be having new bearings installed and also having them balanced. ?, what will have to leave on the wheels when they balance them? Will I leave the rotors and rear sprocket on or what? I will let you guys know how good the rims are. If they are not good, well I guess someone will have to suffer and guess what it want be me:crazyloco . Thanks to all of you for your help and support. This forum rocks:crazyloco .

Later, Ghost

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello,

I received the wheels today, I must say they look good. I will have them mounted Tuesday of next week. The rear wheel was well worth $200, it came with the sprocket, cush drive and the cush drive was also chrome, which is a plus!!! When I get them mounted I will let all of youall know if the rear wheel fit or not. It looks the same as my old wheel. When I have them balanced what will I need to leave on the rim? Will I need to take the rotrs off the front rim or leave them on? What about the rear wheel, do I leave the cush drive and rotor on aswell while having them balanced?

Thanks in Advance,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts