Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am both new to motrocycle riding and this forum. I have wanted a street bike for more than 20 years, but I was reasonably certain that I was just dumb enough to kill myself. Now that I have turned forty I beleive I am finally mature enough and aware of my own mortality that I can now take the chance.

A few months ago I picked up a used 1993 ZX11. The bike is truly impressive and far beyond my abilities, at least for now. The bike has a modified exhaust. I believe the bike originally came with two mufflers, but this bike has a D and D LH after market exhaust. The problem is that the bike is way too load for my liking. The local dealer told me that it would be nearly $1,000.00 to replace the current system with a stock system.

The question that I have for you all is this, which after market LH muffler is the most quiet compared to the D and D unit?

Lastly, this forum seams fairly small, but I have already learned vey much from you. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Any muffler is quieter than a D&D. Muzzy's also exits on the LH side but is also among the noisiests systems.

If you want real quiet, you can find a used OEM system off a ZZ-R1200; it's a perfect fit. And those OEM mufflers are slip-ons which mean you could easily swap them for after-market slip-ons later if you want. ZZR1200 system should be easy to find for way under $200.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gentlemen:

Thansk for your input.

Firetapped, what are you asking for your '94 stock pipe?

Thanks, Alex

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is $200 too much, it is brand new the exhaust was swaped out right after purchace of the bike when it was brand new. Let me know you can e-mail me at [email protected] if you like. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you was out of town and just got back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I see stock systems on ebay & craigslist quite often also. I saw one recently on craislist for $75 + shipping.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the stock system on my bike. Perfect condition, but not loud enough for me, I would be interested in a trade straight across. I will send you pics, and you can send me pics to make sure it is all good. Let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, I do not want to trade the exhaust at this time. I am working on buying another bike and I do not want to mess with the ZX-11 because I made need to sell it to get the other bike. Hopefully I can sweet talk the wife in to having both, but one never knows.

Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts