Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1992-93 Kawi 750 Zx-7R Looking for parts.

Just wonderin.. Kind of a stupid question. what years do the zx7r's go to.
some say 1991-92 some say 1992-93 and latly ive heard 1993-1995
I have a 1993 so im just wondering between what years does mine fall in?

New to the Kawi Nijna 750zx-7R world. 17 Years old, 6'2 245 pounds, This seems like the right bike for me. I picked it up cheap for $1400 because the guy that had it before me dropped it on its side and was now scared of it. Anyways i got the body work all fabricated up and painted. He had just put a brand new Hindle pipe of it before he sold it to me. There was no damage done to the bike axcept the fairings.
I picked up a racing fairing kit that is only 2 pieces instead of 3. It has a once piece tail and is made out of fiber glass. Now there is just a few parts that i am looking for. I've been checking ebay and the buy and sell for them but its pretty rare to come across the perfect part.
I am looking into getting these folowing parts.

Rear Fender Eliminator
Front Fender(over the tire)
Windshield(tinted black or green)
Flush mount tail lights
Kick stand or kickstand spring. (probly pick it up at kawi)only 200$ lol...
Im trying to do out my bike to look like a muzzy raptor. Black and gold.
So im workin on finding somone who does powder coating also.

If you know anywhere to get these parts fairly cheap or will sell them to me yourself. VERY INTERESTED!!!!!!!!
Thanks.

Also when i start it up im getting a little back fireing. I belive its the new pipe and my bike just needs a tune up and some new gas in it. The guy left it in his shop for like a year without it running (retard....)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
branbiskitdo said:
Just wonderin.. Kind of a stupid question. what years do the zx7r's go to.
some say 1991-92 some say 1992-93 and latly ive heard 1993-1995
I have a 1993 so im just wondering between what years does mine fall in?
Yeah, it can be confusing as Kawi made a few different 7's throughout the years...this thread is stickied at the top of the ZX-7 section, but take a look at it because I put in each model 7 that Kawi came out with and the years they fall under.

http://www.zxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats not what i ment :p but thanks. I kind of ment like compadability. Say i needed a windshield. I can only use ones from certain years. Like example a 1993 kawi nina zx-7R can use any windshield from 1993-95 or somthing like that.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Have a look on here in the motorcycle section. Look up the 7R for your year then compare part nos for other years, this will help confirm compatability
http://www.buykawasaki.com/Default.asp?

I think the original 7R's were models H1 & H2 with a major redesign after that but you'll need to do further check to confirm. The later models had proper integrated air induction ducts to the air box with intakes at the front either side of the lights.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
branbiskitdo said:
Thats not what i ment :p but thanks. I kind of ment like compadability. Say i needed a windshield. I can only use ones from certain years. Like example a 1993 kawi nina zx-7R can use any windshield from 1993-95 or somthing like that.
:banghead

My bad! sorry about that, I see what your saying now.

Hmmm...yeah that would also be easy to figure out then using the alphabet soup in the model number lineup. If nothing major is changed, the number increments by 1. If enough is changed to dictate a new generation, the alphabet letter increments by 1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts