Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently ride a 1992 with 44xxx. So far this season I have spent 475, and have a boatload more to go. I personally put the last 11k on it. I am looking at time to do a major overhaul, Or an engine swap. I was wondering if anyone knows what engines are compatible with this frame. I am aware of the Zx9, however not the years. And I am thinking if i was to do a swap, I want to possibly do a Fi motor. However I do not want to ruin my bikes handling, with too much weight. I would like to be able to do a direct swap, without having to cut the frame, or change the angles. I have no problem doing the work. I know that any swap is a big undertaking, but I just love this bike and want to keep riding it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Tyrell. That however does not assist me in decided what uncompromised wildabeast of a motor to install does it?

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts
As stated before, 91-95 ZX7,91-94 ZX7R and 94-97 ZX9 all drop in.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thanks, Tyrell. That however does not assist me in decided what uncompromised wildabeast of a motor to install does it?
Go for a 94/95 zx7 motor or a 94 to 97 zx9 motor.
Both engines share the same cams.
The 94 to 95 zx7 have double valve springs rev higher.
The 94 to 95 zx7 has higher compression pistons than your detuned POS!
The 94 to 95 zx7 has the second casting of the cylinder head.

By the way I used to have the same POS in my bike. Went the zx9 route and now am at +1mm bore 92 zx7 which is now a 765 with a 95 cylinder head and cams. Boy did that 900 move but the 765 is fun to bang through the gears.

Yes I was of no help at all, I hope this one does hold some weight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts