Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just answering a few of the questions I’m getting. I will be finishing the tank just waiting on stickers. And as for the blue I will be telling what code I’m using. After all done I’ll splice all the videos together. https://youtu.be/SVU6mIQgrDk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thank you for this video. I am going to need to paint my 92 J and these color code/names are going to help a lot

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually said the wrong code fore the green. The second video I give the right code.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Evan yes same colors on the white. Toyota 040 base and toyota 070 pearl. Green is code 45 new Kawasaki green. The blue is a little different on all these bikes once I work out what I’m going to use to match this bike I’ll post it up.

·
Registered
298 Posts
03 is quite a bit different!

You had sent me a paint chip of the green as well. Do you remember if this was the 45 Kawi color? It certainly looked correct.

Thanks again for you work on this front. It is annoyingly hard to find this information w/o trial and error!

·
Registered
581 Posts
My painter has the real Muzzy green. It’s completely different from any Kawasaki green.

I also noticed the 96-03 ZX7R green is different from the 04-05 ZX10R green.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think 96 green looks more like the 93 /94 then 98 on up. I’ll try to figure out the 03. The code I’m using on this 92 is actually a little more vibrant then oem but the whole bike is getting painted. I have other codes and even hand tinted greens I use when partial painting one. As for the blue on the 91/92 they are different from bike to bike. I got a tank off a zero mile bike from iconicmotorbikes and the blue is the lightest I’ve seen. I just picked up a 91K with 14k miles and it’s oem paint and a lot darker.

·
6,578 Posts
My painter has the real Muzzy green. It’s completely different from any Kawasaki green.

I also noticed the 96-03 ZX7R green is different from the 04-05 ZX10R green.
There are multiple Muzzy green colors. Almost every tank I got, including ZX6R tanks were mostly different. I think they just made it up new each time.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
Need an RR tail painted. Need to finish quite a bit of work on all my projects. Family photo in the spring, maybe??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts