Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1991/92 Zx7r tank paint

3K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Honda434 
#1 ·
Just answering a few of the questions I’m getting. I will be finishing the tank just waiting on stickers. And as for the blue I will be telling what code I’m using. After all done I’ll splice all the videos together. https://youtu.be/SVU6mIQgrDk

#10 ·
I think 96 green looks more like the 93 /94 then 98 on up. I’ll try to figure out the 03. The code I’m using on this 92 is actually a little more vibrant then oem but the whole bike is getting painted. I have other codes and even hand tinted greens I use when partial painting one. As for the blue on the 91/92 they are different from bike to bike. I got a tank off a zero mile bike from iconicmotorbikes and the blue is the lightest I’ve seen. I just picked up a 91K with 14k miles and it’s oem paint and a lot darker.

#22 ·
Awesome work, and very helpful to those that will be painting their bikes! Couple questions for you:
Where are you located/would you be willing to paint a 93? Not in a hurry, but would be good to know.
Have you ever matched the 09+ yamaha bluish pearl white before?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.