Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Not bad, just kills me when people don’t take care of other’s parts.

Especially when it’s a bad ass PM Chicane wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Had a bit of fun in the shop today- I will definitely need some custom spacers for both wheels. The rear disc is a smaller diameter than the OEM one, and the offsets are all out of whack. I have not tried the front calipers yet, but I am assuming I will have similar problems up there. I know the speedo gear won’t fit on the new front axle. I am very happy with the rebuilt shock and all of the plated fasteners.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I decided to go OEM. if there is any interest in the chicanes, I'll let them go for $1200 plus shipping.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Sent my motor for a rebuild. the mechanic is telling me it needs to be bored and use the next size up piston. I would like any input on this plan- is a motor swap in order? he is telling me about $2500

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
I wish him luck finding shell bearings if they are required, especially the blue ones. I am currently rebuilding two of these motors and some parts are near impossible to source.
OEM standard pistons are not available but the rings are. Oversized pistons are available but rings aren’t. Hopefully he has an aftermarket supplier for these.
I spent almost two years trying to source enough parts to totally rebuild the motors. Bearings were like unicorn poop.

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
Let me know how this goes as I am keen to see another of these rebuilt. My builds are going very slow, especially with limited access to parts and machine shop services.
Post up if you need anything.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts