Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have a 1989 zx750h engine stuffed into a 1997 Mojave 250 atv, love this bike so much top speed is something around 140 (I don't have the balls to get out of second gear right now) but right now I'm having some problems.

first section (problems)
second section (mods and work)

the battery was low one day and I put in on a small charger (two amp slow charge) and left it on over night (I had no way to know if the key was on ) and the next day I came out seeing what ive done I tried to start the engine with no luck.... only the #4 and #1 cylinder would fire off but not run, so thinking that its flooded (it happens sometimes do to a 4 psi constant fuel pump) I pulled off the charger and let the bike sit for two days then tried to restart the engine... now only to have the #1 cylinder to run for a short time before not firing anymore, the spark is very weak on all the plugs. SO did I end up burning out the coils? I have no way of testing them so id like to just replace them if that's the problem.

Do any companies offer coils for the 89 750h? I found some on eBay but I'm not sure if I should get them.

I understand that the 89 750s tend to run hot and id like to run two radiators with fans BUT I don't know what size coolant hoses I need. (inner diameter) plus the COPPER lines for cooling hoses isn't that good..

can the 89 750 run a low shot of nitrous? Or dose a company make a revlimiter/launch control box for the 89?

MODS AND THINGS IM DOING NOW/SOON

4 Hoosier tires 18.5x9x10 front and 18.5x10x10 rears on itpss112 rims (already have)

TWIN thrush mufflers (sounds sooooo goooddd)

TWIN pull kill switches ( one for each coil put on one ring when pulled) (almost done)

8 inch rear swingarm stretch

5 gallon fuel cell ( the current tank (1 gal) lasts about 20 minuets if I'm not on the throttle)

LIGHTS I need brake lights/headlights

WHAT IS THIS DEATH TRAP GOING TO BE USED FORE YOU ASK?

I have a local event that has atv and dirtbike drag racing and flat track sooo.... ya

what are your thoughts on this? any ideas? if you want to see more I have a video on my youtube channel ( The_JDM_Workshop) LINK: https://youtu.be/HXVIdZOv0yg or go to my Instagram @The_jdm_workshop

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts