Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a couple of basket case H1s a while back and have been sorting, cleaning and refinishing parts to get started. Finally have a powder coated frame, engine cradle and swingarm ready to start building the first rolling chassis and get the first of the two builds started.
First couple of photos is where this one started off and the rest are the frame as it sits right now. This will likely be a slower build as I have other projects on the go as well. My sons are helping with these in hopes that they can ride them soon.
Next steps are assembling the rolling chassis, add frame decals and new VIN sticker. Motor has been stripped and awaiting bearings for the complete rebuild. These bikes will be ground up, every nut and bolt checked/ cleaned and refinishing. I have enough pieces for 3-4 bikes but only two clean titled frames.
Stay tuned...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be trying as hard as I can to keep stock. I even have an original OEM exhaust for this one.
For the record, I now own 5 ZX7s with potentially one more.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will be slow. Every nut, bolt and fastener will be looked at. Be patient with me. ?

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have now sourced all new rod bearings and new crank bearings. Checked and measured the ones already in there and they are okay and within spec. First motor will get a new set of bearings though to be sure.
These bearings are literally near impossible to locate. I have three different contacts trying to source them still so that I can have spares just in case.
Anyone else restoring an H1/H2, be warned about the rarity of these bearings.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had my son disassemble a spare H1 cylinder head while I rebuilt a swingarm and refinished some brackets. Painted parts for reassembly. Hoping to have a rolling chassis soon. Sons will have 3 week March break to work on my projects. Time to put them to work. Pics to follow soon.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gave my son the repair manual to follow and came home to a completely disassembled motor. Everything separated and organized, just how I like it.
Just waiting on a cylinder head and this motor will go back together.
Rebuilding a set of forks, replacing the steering bearings and hopefully a full rolling chassis this weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts