Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a chance to pick up this all original (except slip on Jardine) 89 ZX7 in Black with 34,000kms for $2300 Can. Just wondering what you all think of this bike (and the price). I know the pic is bad but its the only one I have to upload. From what I have read the Black color is hard to come by. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Looking at the picture, it seems like it's in great condition cosmetically. If you know that it is well maintained and runs good, that seems like a decent price (although you can always haggle a little). 34,000km is not bad for the year (I own a 96 with 106,000km). Good luck.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Yes the black and charcoal colors are very hard to come by. And if it has all the parts wow thats a find. I have a black and charcoal one too and I'm lucky to have found it. Good find!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No its deff a 89 H1. The guy that has it seems to know alot about these bikes.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Motorcycle.com App

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Yeah the H1 was the only year for the black on charcoal scheme.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I agree with Sugilite....Looks like a 90 swingarm!
Look at the front of the engine near the oil cooler. If it has an external oil filter that screws on/off it is an 89 H1. If it has an internal oil filter that drops out of the pan it's a 90 H2.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It is definitely a H2 arm. I have both an H1 arm and a H2 arm in my shed, I'm building a hybrid H1/H2 race bike for the pre89 post classic race class here in NZ. As Motocon says, if it has a spin on oil filter directly hanging under the oil cooler (which itself is under the radiator) It is a H1. If there is no Oil filter in sight, it is a H2.

·
Registered
128 Posts
sfjreid, It's not like a bad thing if it is a H2, as the H2 is essentially a H1 with the H1 race kit parts pre-fitted!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't care either way. But it is registered as a 89. If there is mods done out was done before this owner. I'm having this bike. :)

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
These really are bad ass bikes. I actually prefer the H models in handling compared to the P models. The P models seem a bit heavier. Now if I had the suspension of the P models these bikes would be the shit.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
wheres the pic???

i just sold my 90 that i had about 2500 in and it was a fun bike

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
very much still around...

will be around alot more again when i get the 6 ..

this weather we've been having is really making me want my bike right about now ...

the guy that bought the 7 is finishing my restore and having all the cosmetics fixed, im stoaked to start helping him continue where i left off ill keep pics going of it on here

·
Premium Member
6,538 Posts
very much still around...

will be around alot more again when i get the 6 ..

this weather we've been having is really making me want my bike right about now ...

the guy that bought the 7 is finishing my restore and having all the cosmetics fixed, im stoaked to start helping him continue where i left off ill keep pics going of it on here
Cool. Looking forward to the progress,and seeing your new bike.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have a chance to pick up this all original (except slip on Jardine) 89 ZX7 in Black with 34,000kms for $2300 Can. Just wondering what you all think of this bike (and the price). I know the pic is bad but its the only one I have to upload. From what I have read the Black color is hard to come by. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Good for it. I'd buy it myself if I could. Getting very hard to find these older bikes in good unmolested shape.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well $2300 it is. I will be picking the bike up in a week. The guy also has the factory service manual, cover and a Hindle slip on to go with the bike as well. I will post some pics when the bike is in my possession. I't kind of funny to be this excited to be getting a bike that was made when I was 3 years old :) Only been riding 3-4 years but always had a thing for old bikes. My first being a 83 Honda CM450 that I still have.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts