Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to pick up a 1989 ZX10. It doesn't have an oil cooler but the owner said it does run and used a friends ZX oil cooler to verify this.

However that oil cooler is no longer available. The current owner was told that blocking up the oil cooler inlet/outlet with bolts would be fine to start the bike because of a 100% bypass system. Is this true?

Is there a more elegant but still very quick solution to this problem?

I want to see the bike run before I buy it of course. :banghead

·
Registered
6 Posts
I probably have a cooler and anything else you might need,if you are interested i will post it on ebay.I have a almost complete zx-10 and junk motor,have a very good ported head too!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the cooler off ebay all ready but it won't be here soon enough (stil need the original question answered.
I'm not looking for performance upgrades, but I am interested in chassis upgrades (front end off a newer ZX, rear swingarm + shock from a newer bike, etc), Also, I have an unknown 4-1 exhaust header I need a muffler for, need help iding the muffler and getting the part!

PM me if you have anything I'd be interesteed in. I'll know more about this bike soon!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a ported head for that bike that gave me a termendous amount more power, if you change your mind about performance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts