Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings zx freinds! So I did a search for this topic and couldn't find the exact information I was looking for. I have a 1989 zx10 b2 engine in a hand build drag bike with a Dyna2000 ignition and pickup. I do not have any of the stock signal generator stuff to time the cam shafts to the crank with. I also lack a service manual for the exact procedure, the last thing I want to do is take an educated guess and bend a set of valves. Does anyone know the exact procedure (or pictures!) for doing this on THIS year engine (88-90, if I'm correct?) There a several different timing marks on each cam shaft, not sure which are to be used but I have a degree wheel and piston stop to get TDC or X-degrees of rotation with. Any and all help is appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Ok, you have a degree wheel, find tdc then set ex cam. there is a arrow that aligns with the valve cover surface, then install int cam and there is a arrow that will align with the rear oh the valve cover surface. if cams are installed correct the cam lobes on number 4 cylinder will be at 10 and 2 oclock i believe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, sorry haven't checked this in a few days, thanks for the message though! This is about what I thought it would consist of. I wasn't sure though so I put off rotating the engine any bit, that's where the timing sits now and the engine seems to run fine, thanks for the confirmation!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts