Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help with repainting US ZX7 89 H1 bike. Does anyone have original body work pictures they can post. I'm getting my H1 repainted and got conflicting info. It appears the 89 version had big difference s from the 90. Example the 89 side cowls had a blue paint stripe with two white stickers and zx label. The 90 had a large white paint stripe with the blue sticker in the middle with separate ZX7 labels. The 89 seat cover did not have a "Ninja" logo. There are obvious differences on the lower and front cowl. The side cowls are the confusing part. I've seen 89 pictures on the web that show both a solid blue stripe up to the seat which would mean it's painted and bikes labeled as 89 that looks like the blue stripe stops before the seat. Just want to get the bike right considering the cost of paint for a factory look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The 1990 also had the Kawasaki logo white stripe on the lower fairing applied about an inch or two higher up the fairing than the 89. This is why the 1990 has the separate little white decal on the upper fairing under the front turn signal and the 1989 does not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts