Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1988 ZX750R F2 Ninja. The threads are stripped on the #2 spark plug. I want to replace that head with another that I have. Problem is no head gaskets are available anymore from factory. I am hoping that someone on here might know the stock head gasket thickness? I measured the thickness and bore of the old one and it is (69.64 thick with a bore of 0.28. I found a place that makes copper head gaskets and I'd like to know the thickness and bore. The one they have for sale measures (69 thickness with a bore of 0.32) I sent the place a question if they might know the thickness/bore, and they said they don't work on bikes, they just make the gasket. But did say they can make me one if I can get a measurements.

Another question, would anyone know about how much a gasket will smash once TQ down? Or about how much the copper gasket will smash?

I have degreed cams and a 5 degree advance ignition on her now. Everything else is stock.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
I just measured my new OEM gasket for my 89 ZX7 H1. I know they are different motors but for some kind of reference, the specs may suit your needs since the bores are the same.
The bore holes are 68.75mm and the thickness is .65mm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts